STM Package with Nvidia shield android TV

m-joy

Hello,

I am currently doing some tests with the stm package on my ds216 play with Nvidia shield android TV.

I am having some troubles and do not really know where the problem is.

I am testing my movies (all mkv files with dts or ac3) on aeveral devices:

1. My android handy Samsung galaxy note 4 with emby app. Everything runs goos here. Currently no issues. No increase in cpu load or ram on nas while playing.

2. My windows 10 pc with emby Theater. All looking good. No increase in cpu load or ram on nas.

3. Nvidia shield android TV. When playing movies the cpu load on the nas increases for about 50% when playing a movie and all movies stutter.

I do not know why or what is going on with Nvidia shield android TV. I already tested several options without getting it to run good.

Any ideas?

Hello,

I have installed the ST Microelectronics Emby Package (Development release) as beta tester on my server for the DS216play.

I commited a report under "sendlogs_DS216play_synology_monaco_ds216play_20160912T153919UTC.tgz" if that helps.

I also added another file for my system informations. I can post another log later after.

The Part making problems is the NVIDIA Shield Android TV with Version 3.2 (which should be android 6). It looks like SHIELD tries to encode all videos (high CPU load on server) which is wrong. Shield has the latest emby app installed from the google app store.

What more informations do you need?

rundiags.txt

Hello,

I have installed the ST Microelectronics Emby Package (Development release) as beta tester on my server for the DS216play.

I commited a report under "sendlogs_DS216play_synology_monaco_ds216play_20160912T153919UTC.tgz" if that helps.

I also added another file for my system informations. I can post another log later after.

The Part making problems is the NVIDIA Shield Android TV with Version 3.2 (which should be android 6). It looks like SHIELD tries to encode all videos (high CPU load on server) which is wrong. Shield has the latest emby app installed from the google app store.

What more informations do you need?

Hi there, welcome. Just click the link he provided and the instructions are right there about how to report a media playback issue. Thanks !

where can i find the "server transcoding log" on my synology nas? i really have problems finding files because there is nothing in the "Homes" folder of the emby user....

Also, in the same document I linked to, there are instructions for sending a log from the app.  Play something and then follow those instructions.  Thanks.

It is only remuxing the audio and it looks like it is just knocking the bitrate down from 640k to 448k.  Luke, is this a valid limitation?  It isn't something that appears to be controlled by the profile.

It is only remuxing the audio and it looks like it is just knocking the bitrate down from 640k to 448k.  Luke, is this a valid limitation?  It isn't something that appears to be controlled by the profile.

It is a limitation preventing stream copy of the audio but it's not a limitation affecting direct play of the whole video. Does that help?

It is a limitation preventing stream copy of the audio but it's not a limitation affecting direct play of the whole video. Does that help?

Well, the only thing that appears to be happening is the audio bitrate is being bumped down so I don't know why it wouldn't just direct stream then...

NVIDIA Shield seems to be a bad boy....

If there is anything i can do to invenstigate the problem, let me know. I could attach log files from different movies with different audio stream if that helps.

If you can do this it may help:

Also, in the same document I linked to, there are instructions for sending a log from the app.  Play something and then follow those instructions.  Thanks.

Hello,

i added two log files. One from the server, one from a movie ( i think) that i played on the NVIDIA SHIELD

I wanted to take another look at these but actually these logs appear to be from playback with the Emby Theater windows store app. Can you provide a new set of logs playing back from the Shield? thanks.

hello, i activated the debug logging, but i do not find the " new tile on your home page settings row labelled "Send Log""

You did this in the settings in the app, not the server, right...?

I pressed the send log button in the android tv app. I thought it is on the server that is whY i did not find it. I will also post more logs later.

Hi, i sended another log over the app.

There is no more remux log generated, only the server log...

I was able to play one movie with stutter, two other failes to play completely now with the error message "Too many errors" (something like that...)

Server2.txt

I think the way your videos are encoded is incompatible with the player.

Lacing only supported in SimpleBlocks

I seem to recall running into this before but I cannot recall what the resolution was (other than re-encoding).