Does xmltv work?

rykr

I pulled 14 days of data from zap2it into an xmltv.xml file.  I then set that up with emby.   But I get nothing in the guide.  Is this supposed to work?

I've attached my log.  It's the latest emby, installed on Ubuntu 16.04.  It's using two hdhomerun prime tuners.  The channels came in just fine and watching live tv seems to work.  There is just no data in the guide.  I did refresh the xmltv data prior to loading it in.

Log.txt

That seems to be working.  Some channel mappings take much longer than others.  And I seem to have to do it one at a time (gah!)  but when I did one and then checked the guide the info was there.  I assume I would need to scheduile a task to run my zap2it pulling progream and then emby will notice that the xmltv file is new?

I'm not yet a premiere member.  Will it show more than 5 channels in the website?  I ask because I mapped the first few channels and they show in guide fine.  I then went down and mapped a couple of hi def channels (1002, 1004, and 1005) and they dont' show at all in the guide.

blade005

That seems to be working.  Some channel mappings take much longer than others.  And I seem to have to do it one at a time (gah!)  but when I did one and then checked the guide the info was there.  I assume I would need to scheduile a task to run my zap2it pulling progream and then emby will notice that the xmltv file is new?

rykr,

I am using XMLTV guide data using Zap2XML process. Encountered the same issue with initial setup until I realized that I needed to map the channels to the guide data in Emby LIVE TV  SETTINGS setup. 

Refresh the guide data after mapping channels and you should see the guide populated. Refresh may take awhile with 14 days of data, (over an hour) with my configuration. Mapping each channel is tedious initially. Luckily I am using OTA setup with only about 50 channels.

I run a nightly batch file of Zap2XML to refresh guide data and then have Emby run a scheduled task at a later time to refresh guide in Emby. I pulled 14 days of data initially and cache the first 10 days and then have it refresh the back 4 days nightly. That minimizes how much guide data I am pulling every night, but keeps a good updated guide that should catch any schedule changes that are more than a week out, which is when they typically occur.

Below is my command line that I run in my nightly batch file:

zap2xml -u <username> -p <password> -d 14 -n 4 -T -D -I -o xmltv-guide.xml

• -d <# of days> (default = 7)
  • -n <# of no-cache days> (from end) (default = 0)
  • -T = don't cache files containing programs with "TBA|To Be Announced"
  • -D = include extra program details = 1 extra http request per program!
  • -I = include program icons (image URLs) - 1 extra http request per program!
  • -o <output xml filename> (default = "xmltv.xml")

I am not sure, but you may need to be a premiere member to pull in more days of guide data than the AUTO setting.

Edited by blade005
  • Like 1

Right.  Just not sure why I'm only seeing some of my mapped channels in the guide.  I've mapped at least 30-40 channels and I'm only see data for the first 6 or so.

rykr,

I am using XMLTV guide data using Zap2XML process. Encountered the same issue with initial setup until I realized that I needed to map the channels to the guide data in Emby LIVE TV  SETTINGS setup. 

Refresh the guide data after mapping channels and you should see the guide populated. Refresh may take awhile with 14 days of data, (over an hour) with my configuration. Mapping each channel is tedious initially. Luckily I am using OTA setup with only about 50 channels.

I run a nightly batch file of Zap2XML to refresh guide data and then have Emby run a scheduled task at a later time to refresh guide in Emby. I pulled 14 days of data initially and cache the first 10 days and then have it refresh the back 4 days nightly. That minimizes how much guide data I am pulling every night, but keeps a good updated guide that should catch any schedule changes that are more than a week out, which is when they typically occur.

Below is my command line that I run in my nightly batch file:

zap2xml -u <username> -p <password> -d 14 -n 4 -T -D -I -o xmltv-guide.xml

• -d <# of days> (default = 7)
  • -n <# of no-cache days> (from end) (default = 0)
  • -T = don't cache files containing programs with "TBA|To Be Announced"
  • -D = include extra program details = 1 extra http request per program!
  • -I = include program icons (image URLs) - 1 extra http request per program!
  • -o <output xml filename> (default = "xmltv.xml")

I am not sure, but you may need to be a premiere member to pull in more days of guide data than the AUTO setting.

How does the new/repeat indicators work?    My guide data is still loading in but nearly all my shows are shown in the guide as new.   Pretty sure Gunsmoke has not had a new episode in quite some time  ;)

blade005

How does the new/repeat indicators work?    My guide data is still loading in but nearly all my shows are shown in the guide as new.   Pretty sure Gunsmoke has not had a new episode in quite some time   ;)

NEW / REPEAT didn't work for me until I added the -O <include extra program details> option in my command line batch file. After that, NEW, REPEAT and PREMIERE indicators showed up in Guide Data properly.

I also included the -I <include program icons (image URLs)> option to pull in Program Image for shows. Makes for a better presentation. Both of these options create extra calls per program, but once populated the nightly runs are quicker since I am only refreshing the back 4 days of the guide. Initial run for the 50 or so channels took about 45 to 50 minutes to create guide. My nightly run to refresh guide takes about 7 minutes.

HumanPanda

Hi Ryker,

Please see the following thread. I will be the first to admit it is buggy but, it only needs to be ran once so once you get one full successful run through it should be able to keep feeding emby xmltv guide data and it will continue to work without having to run the mapper over and over again.