Apply CoverArt to Genre image folders

bnwbass

How to I apply cover art effects to the genre thumb images in MBC themes

thx

bw

Edited by bnwbass

As a general rule CA does not process genres but it will process them if they are actual thumb images.  However, I don't know if any MBC themes actually show thumbs (as opposed to a primary image).  Maybe Pearl and Neo...?

For it to process genre thumbs you'd have to not have "Ignore IBN items" checked and set a treatment style for thumbs.

Cheesegeezer

Subdued gives the user the option to display thumbs as well as primary image

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using Chocolate and it supplied genre images automatically, but doesn't do it for all my genres (probably since I set them up myself).  Is there any way to get Coverart to do a treatment of genre images where it creates a collage of posters contained in the genre, like it does for the Top Folder images?

What does "set them up myself" mean?

Where, exactly, are you talking about in the interface?  There are a lot of different ways to potentially get a "genre" display (manual organization, index by genre in a media folder, special 'by genre' view, etc.).

Screen shots are usually worth a 1,000 words.

Sorry for the vague terminology - I manually set all the genres on my movies to reduce the number of genres that show up.  I'm assuming that whatever name I gave some of them doesn't match up for whatever is grabbing the images for me:

52f3c25120909_Capture.jpg

Here's an example.  This is the Movies by Genre screen that is automatically created by MB3.  That picture in the lower right, I have no idea where that came from, but I like having something there.  Some of my genres have nothing there.  If Coverart created a collage of pictures contained in the category, each genre would have a genre-specific picture, and they would be uniform.  Wasn't sure if this was possible.

Thanks

As of now, CA does not treat genre images other than thumbs because, historically, people have provided the exact images they want shown for these.

You can create images for the ones that are missing and put them in the proper IBN folders.