AutoBoxSet MBC and Movies that are in Boxsets.

Logos302

Logos302

Is there any way to hide movies that are in box sets so that they only show in the boxsets Folders.  Wasn't sure if this would be a plugin feature or a MBC feature so I'm starting here.  

No.  In order for that to happen, you'd pretty much need to move the actual movies to the box set folders instead of using shortcuts.  It's possible we may implement that at some point but it seems kind of dangerous to me so I'm not sure.

I suppose we could potentially add a filter to the API that would keep a movie out of a result set if it had a collection id defined... @@Luke what do you think about that?

Okay, then that could be a solution.  The only issue is it could get potentially confusing because someone could inadvertently hide a bunch of their movies and not realize they did it or why.

Logos302

From a MBC user it seem pointless to use Autoboxsets with out this as now you have the boxset and the movies (When put in your movie collection).  a option in MBC to hide and unhide might make it easier, or a warrning in the plugin configuration options when enabling it and even after stating that it's enable to remind people.  and thank you for the quick response and possible option/fix. 

I disagree. When you view movies and you do something like sort by date or filter by whatever criteria those movies should all be there because they are still movies.

• Like 1

plus i also think you're missing the point of this plugin. the point is to remove the need to manually create boxsets. it has nothing to do with the ui. it is only to save you time on the server.

Logos302

Then maybe it's how I use boxsets that doesn't fit this model.  I use them to logicically group my movies in the name view so that I don't have 2000 movies in the view.  And to make it easy to find all my james bond movies, starwars movies, etc..  

So while I agree with the filter options should have all the movies, I'm not sure it make sense in all views. This of course is my opinion and I hope I'm not alone on this and if I am I'll just go back to doing it the way I was doing it and remove the AutomaticBoxset Plugin.  

• Like 1

The plug-in works best if you create a new Media Folder just for Box Sets.  This then gives you a Box Sets view of your movies in all clients.

Then maybe it's how I use boxsets that doesn't fit this model.  I use them to logicically group my movies in the name view so that I don't have 2000 movies in the view.  And to make it easy to find all my james bond movies, starwars movies, etc..

That is exactly the same way I use my boxsets.  The main idea to me is to reduce the amount of stuff to look through by grouping related items.

I understand the point of the plugin, but like you I would like to hide movies that are included in a collection (but only if I have specified that collection).  I have been doing this for years, by physically segregating the collections into their own folders instead of using shortcuts.  I actually am not using the boxsets functionality at all at this point but would be open to using it if I were able to hide them like this.

I do agree with Luke about displaying all movies when you sort by date, it makes no sense at all to group by boxset when you are viewing your library like that.

So this should probably be a feature request related to boxset display in the MBC UI (and other clients) rather than related to the AutoBoxSet plugin.

Logos302

Maybe boxset could be an option for each view that can be turnned off and turnned on.  And Hide Movies in Boxsets turn on and off in MBC.

• Like 1

Logos302

@@ebr should I make a feature request out of this on MBC or the AutoBoxset Plugin?  I think it more UI related so it would be MBC but I wanted to make sure before I just went and did it.  

Yeah, this is about the view in the UI and not really the structure of the box sets or this plug-in.