Server streaming out of network bitrate limit

Andy777
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Hi,

Emby for Kodi (actually Emby server)  is not respecting the server wide setting to limit the bitrate for out of network clients. I'm talking about the setting in the Emby server administration page "settings" -> "Playback" -> "Streaming" -> "Internet streaming bitrate limit".

I think this is actually a server bug. The limit should be enforced regardless of the client. The explanation text suggest that its use case is especially to tell the server that server-to-internet connection is of limited speed, and higher bitrate media should be transcoded.

* Playing through web browser the limit IS enforced

* Problem is currently present at least in the Beta Mono version.

* Same problem was present in windows version of server 3 months ago when I last tested

Server DOES respect the setting that is settable in the Kodi client plugin. However, upstream connectivity of the server should be client independent.

It should check: min( max allowed bitrate set in client, max allowed server out of network bitrate) and if the media bitrate is higher, then transcode...

BR,

Andy777

• Solution
Angelblue05

It's a known issue. This is happening simply because our playback methods are not up to date with the newer server playback options. Playback is the next thing on my priority list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's a known issue. This is happening simply because our playback methods are not up to date with the newer server playback options. Playback is the next thing on my priority list.

Thanks for the response! Sorry to re-report a known issue.Not even that important to me because all my Kodi clients are my own (+wife) and I can always set the limit in the client.

• Like 1