imageeditor.template.html missing

DAVe3283
Go to solution Solved by DAVe3283,

Emby auto-updated to the latest stable server today, and I discovered the image editor was not working:

post-73481-0-74740800-1474242926_thumb.png

The directory was in fact missing, so I re-installed Emby Server. No change. I deleted the C:\Users\Emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System directory, and re-installed. No change.

Out of curiosity if you were re-working the image editor into some other feature, I updated to the latest Beta and Dev builds. These created the missing directory, but the files inside the directory are all missing:

C:\Windows\system32>dir C:\Users\Emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\dashboard-ui\components\imageeditor\
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 24F8-7F94

Directory of C:\Users\Emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\dashboard-ui\components\imageeditor

09/18/2016  05:52 PM    <DIR>          .
09/18/2016  05:52 PM    <DIR>          ..
               0 File(s)              0 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  116,762,353,664 bytes free

C:\Windows\system32>

There are 2 log files attached, one from the latest dev, and one from the latest stable.

I use this feature somewhat regularly, is there a workaround where I can get the files back until the feature is working again?

server-63609817940.txt

server-63609818431.txt

Well if you look at the release zip file, it's definitely in there:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/tag/3.0.7200

Only thing I can think of is maybe you have an anti-virus or anti-malware that quarantined the file after installation. I can't imagine why it would do that but we've seen it before. 

I'm running a vanilla Windows Server 2012R2 virtual machine, with no antivirus at all. User account is an administrator, though UAC is enabled. No other accounts on the VM, all it does is run Emby.

I looked at the .zip file from the default Windows .zip viewer on Server 2012R2, and that folder is missing. I looked at it using WinRAR on my main Windows 7 PC, and that folder is missing. I looked at it with 7zip on my Win7 PC, and that folder is... missing.

The zip file I downloaded from GitHub is 27,648,450 bytes. I get an MD5 of 9882A61DD3DFADA59FB3A64AF0B7F3D5. Is that correct? I would attach it, but it is too large.

Edit: going through all previous releases, it appears that 3.0.6400 was the last version that had the imageeditor.js and imageeditor.template.html files. Everything from 3.1.143-beta on is missing those files from the GitHub .zip files, as downloaded by me.

Can you post the checksums of the release files somewhere, so we can quickly tell if we are getting the files you expect us to?

Edited by DAVe3283

OK, it looks like what happened is you moved the file in commit e49903b81c4f8963e5a3e4fa9c2636b13c7da33b, and the server doesn't know where to look for it. Hence the original error asking for the file in the old location, not the new location

There isn't any code looking for it in that old spot though. Have you tried refreshing the page in your browser since you updated the server? If the issue persists, try clearing your browsing data.

• Solution

There isn't any code looking for it in that old spot though. Have you tried refreshing the page in your browser since you updated the server? If the issue persists, try clearing your browsing data.

Clearing the browser data did the trick! I'm perfectly happy to blame Chrome for this one. Thanks for the help, and sorry to have wasted your time when it was my/Chrome's fault all along.

• Like 1