Zidoo = Garbage

moviefan

moviefan

Someone on these forums was recommending the Zidoo as a cheap alternative to nVidia Shield.  So I ordered one to play around with.

After 15 minutes of wasting my time trying to get it work it is going back to Amazon.  Couldnt even open the ZDMC app (Zidoo's version of Kodi).  Just hung on the flash screen and eventually crashed.

All of the menus and alerts are written by someone clearly Chinese who does not speak English very often.  The remote is terrible.

I would advise not wasting your time with this.  That is all.

RanmaCanada

I personally haven't used Zidoo, but I have used nexbox A95X, MXQ Pro 4K, MXQ Pro, and I haven't had issues with these.  For 30 dollars I don't expect to get Shield quality.  It is highly possible that you might have gotten a defective unit as Zidoo is one of the top tier when it comes to Chinese boxes, as they actually release firmware regularly to fix issues.  

Grab an A95X S905 box, and check out Kodiloaded's custom firmware for it.   

moviefan

I'm just going to get a Shield.  It's not for me in the end - I am just testing stuff out for someone else who's media system I am helping design for their house.

The Zidoo is $100, not $30.  Honestly, I don't mind spending the extra money.  Just sounded like I didn't have to.  But I stand corrected.  And yah, I guess it might be a defective unit.  Certainly if the main app it is loaded with is unable to open they would have a lot more people returning them.

Anyways, live and learn.