View multiple TV channels

Nomarky

Hi

I have Live TV running in Emby, but I can't seem to get multiple channels working at the same time (i.e watch one channel and watch/record another)

I have an Elgato Netstream 4sat sat>ip tuner running through DVBlink and Serverwmc. In WMC I can watch and record tv simultaneously, is there something I need to configure in Emby to do the same?

Cheers!

When a scheduled recording starts if I am watching a TV channel the live TV stops. It seems that Emby is using only one of the four tuners I have available, instead of using the second tuner for the scheduled recording.

I use DVBLink running on a server to interface with the Netstream 4sat tuner. I then use ServerWMC to get TV into Emby, all running on the same server. Monitoring in DVBlink I can see when a recording starts it uses the first tuner for the recording, even if it is in use. At this point I don't seem to be able to use another tuner, so I can't watch TV until the recording stops.

Hope that helps

Looking into this further, it looks like Emby is using the last available tuner, so I guess when a second channel is requested Emby thinks there are no more tuners available to satisfy the request?

I think serverwmc uses the tuners in opposite order of WMC.  Meaning, WMC will use tuner 1 - 2 - 3 and Serverwmc will use 3 - 2 - 1.  I think that is to prevent emby from overriding an exisiting stream.

With that being said, there is a way to force serverwmc to use tuners 1 - 2 - 3 just like WMC.  Did you enable that somehow and maybe that is causing your issue?

There are a lot of moving parts in your configuration and my suspicion is that the problem lies in one of the links between them (like as suggested by mjk above).

I think serverwmc uses the tuners in opposite order of WMC.  Meaning, WMC will use tuner 1 - 2 - 3 and Serverwmc will use 3 - 2 - 1.  I think that is to prevent emby from overriding an exisiting stream.

With that being said, there is a way to force serverwmc to use tuners 1 - 2 - 3 just like WMC.  Did you enable that somehow and maybe that is causing your issue?

That sounds like it could be the issue, do you happen to know where I can find that setting?

There are a lot of moving parts in your configuration and my suspicion is that the problem lies in one of the links between them (like as suggested by mjk above).

I agree! I'd like to simplify it, but this is the only solution I've found, as WMC doesn't support sat>up. I am looking to move away from WMC if I can get this working properly in Emby though.