DVD playback problems on MB classic

donmega
Go to solution Solved by donmega,

hi

i have installed MB classic 

Now i cant play my DVDs from it it plays the intros but wont load up the menus to play the DVD (DVD structure copied over to harddiive)

the DVDs play on windows medla player and play through media center by pressing the play dvd button

when when played through MB classic they just load up the intros and when its time for menus it goes back 

i have installed MB  theater but on here i get to the menu option but can play DVDs i cant get the buttons to work on menu, so stuck watching the menu video over and over again

any solutions?

eveything worked well on MB2

To what "Intros" are you referring?

In what format, exactly, are these files?  A screen shot of some explorer windows would be the most help.

the intros i am referring to are the copyright information screens basically it plays everything before the menu but when its time for the menu to load up it just goes to the play screen on MB3

the  files are exact copies of the DVDs onto harddrive ie Video_Ts folders etc (VOB files)

These files load up with no problem on windows media player

But since i have installed MB3 i hae had no luck (worked perfectly on MB2)

Are you using the internal WMC player or an external one?  The internal player should be able to play back DVD rips no problem.  Externals, maybe and maybe not.

What happens in the web client?

• Solution

i have managed to fix the problem myself by restting media center and redownloading the audio and video codecs

thanks for eveyones help

• Like 1