Sports Metadata

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

From what I understand, sports Metadata isn't really easy to get from existing database websites.

I am trying to thing with or figure out how to properly handle how I can sort out my Football recordings. I am recording all of the NFL games and watching them later. On Sundays this becomes a bit of a problem because there will be more than one available by the time I am ready to watch them. Currently, the way the game is displayed gives me no clue which game is which. 

Does anyone have any ideas how to manage this?

I know the name of the two playing teams show up in the EPG guide itself shows what two teams are playing but not even this data makes it to the final recording. If I at least had that it would somewhat solve what I am running into. Maybe the naming of the recorded file could pull the EPG data into it and it would work that way?

@@Luke - any thoughts about this or how it could be approached? 

blade005

I believe guide data is the only option due to regional games and adjustments in scheduling as the season progresses.

I just took a look at what is in my guide.xml file using Zap2XML. Below are the entries for a typical NFL game in the guide.

<title lang="en">NFL Football</title>
<sub-title lang="en">Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins</sub-title>

It would be nice if the recording could write the file out as Title Lang - Sub-Title Lang, such that you would have a file that looked like:

NFL Football - Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins.ts

Ultimate granularity would be a date and/or timestamp in the filename, so that you could at a later time or day know the exact order that games were recorded, so that you wouldn't view them out of order and perhaps have a late game spoil the outcome of an earlier played game.

Not sure how much of that could be accomplished from guide data, but that is my take on it.
  • Like 1

jasonmcroy

I agree if the naming of the file pulled in what the EPG says. Like you say, in the Guide it tells you what two teams are playing against each other. That would make it much easier to see which recording is of which game.