Live TV won't start in ET

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

Clean install of Theater 2.5.21. Trying to play Live TV, the show won't start. This is the same in the web app, but will play in web client

57db5c597a2f0_Capture_3.gif

• 2 months later...
Vitale4

So what was the fix or change?  I am using a Mac and connecting to the WEB App Version: http://tv.emby.media/#!/plugins/defaultskin/home.html

I have the same issue if I leave the Stream at Auto.  When I change it to 720P 1.5Mbps, it will play, but slow to load.  However, the Emby App does not seem to have any issues.  I can stream liveTV and it indicates 1080P 60Mbps on the same computer.

Thanks

Guest asrequested

So what was the fix or change?  I am using a Mac and connecting to the WEB App Version: http://tv.emby.media/#!/plugins/defaultskin/home.html

I have the same issue if I leave the Stream at Auto.  When I change it to 720P 1.5Mbps, it will play, but slow to load.  However, the Emby App does not seem to have any issues.  I can stream liveTV and it indicates 1080P 60Mbps on the same computer.

Thanks

Your issue is different. You're transcoding. Check your transcoding settings in the server, and post your transcode logs if you can't resolve it.

Vitale4

So I looked at my EMBY Server, specifically at the Transcoding options...  I have everything at the defaults.  This has worked flawlessly in the past and has recently stopped working unless I reduce the playback settings from Auto to 720 1.5Mbps.

Using EMBY Web App - I don't have the issue.  I am attaching 2 transcoding logs from the EMBY Server.

I will look at the other settings to see if something stands out.  

Just for clarity purposes - the issue is:

when using EMBY Theater, and select a channel to watch, it just spins as if it is trying to connect.  The screen then goes black as if it is working but never comes back.  I cannot even use the browser back button.  I instead hit Home and then reload Emby Theater to fix it.  If I lower the setting, it will work.  This issue does not seem to happen if you connect to EMBY using the EMBY Web App.

I am doing this on an Mac book pro using Chrome.

Thanks in advance.

I am also attaching the transcoding settings from my EMBY Server

I also uploaded my server log if that will help as well.

ffmpeg-transcode-9e0bbad8-184f-4a5c-acdc-39bee2b77b00.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-67f3d04a-0a0c-44e2-9c0d-fbdc1127518b.txt

post-10428-0-67665900-1481592333_thumb.png

post-10428-0-40019300-1481592341_thumb.png

ServerLog.txt

Edited by Vitale4

Guest asrequested

Sounds like a network issue. How do you have your devices connected to the server? Is the server CPU, healthy?

Edited by Doofus

Just so I understand, you're using the two web apps on the same laptop and seeing different behavior from one to the other?

Guest asrequested

My thinking here is that using the web app, the bandwidth is tested and adjusted accordingly. But the desktop app is trying to play directly, and the bandwidth is choking the stream. 

Vitale4

ok -- sorry for the delay...

I am using both web apps on a Macbook pro with 16GB of Memory 3 GHZ Intel Core I7.  both cases I am using Chrome as the browser of choice.  

EMBY Theater WEB App: Will not load my LiveTV Stream if I have it set to auto.  I find if I lower the connection to  720 1.5Mbps, it seems to work.  The problem I am experiencing is that the turning circle while loading never seems to stop.  The TV Guide screen does change to the Black background - which normally indicates that the show will be seen soon, but nothing.

EMBY WEB App:  The LiveTV Stream will work with the setting to Auto.  Matter of Fact, when I stream and look at the speed provided while watching the LiveTV Stream it shows 1080P 60Mbps.  So all is good.

Please note:  This has worked well for me in the past with this same setup.  Cannot tell you exactly when it started, but believe is was the week before I posted the question - 11 Dec 2016.

Also note:  I am connected via my Wireless network - which is what I have always been connected at when it is working.  I would expect the same behavior between both WEB Apps given I have the same setup and connection.

Also - My network health is acceptable and I don't have any network issues or latency.  The Computer running the server is not experiencing any issues either. 

The built in web app is a little ahead of the Theater web app for the moment, in terms of changes for live tv. The Theater web app will be brought up to speed soon. Thanks.

Vitale4

Ok - did some more testing now that I had some time.

I found that if I am using Safari, I don't have any issues.  EMBY Theater and The Server is set to Auto on the Streaming Bit rate.

Images are attached:

1. EMBY App via Chrome worked fine

2. EMBY Theater using Safari worked fine

3. EMBY Theater using Chrome is where the problem is.  

Therefore, the issue appears to be within Chrome itself.

post-10428-0-54742900-1481673024_thumb.png

post-10428-0-20022000-1481673030_thumb.png

post-10428-0-74114500-1481673033_thumb.png