Two Active Versions of Emby for Kodi in Server Dashboard

DarWun

I'm currently running Emby Beta 3.1.151.0 on my Synology NAS.  Emby for Kodi is installed on a raspberry pi 2.  For some reason there are two versions of Emby for Kodi being shown as Active Devices in the server Dashboard.  Version 2.2.30 is being used whenever media is streamed from the server to other devices.  I completely uninstalled all versions of Kodi for Emby and the Emby repositories, including deleting all addon packages using WinSCP.  After reinstalling everything the issue still persists.  Any thoughts on how to eliminate two versions being listed as active? 

57db2e7aaddbe_TwoEmbyforKodiDevices.png

Angelblue05

Yeah, I stumbled upon the bug as well. It's like the Emby server doesn't delete old records or is unable to update existing entries and creates a brand new entry instead and displays both because they have the same deviceId. It's not a problem with Emby for Kodi - I've also been through the process of uninstalling and reinstalling. I've verified the code and there's just no explanation. I don't even have 2.2.19 installed anywhere, yet it keeps re-appearing. It eventually went away after a few restarts but couldn't find a reason for it.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/38995-device-name/

Edited by Angelblue05

horstepipe

Had the same problem, completely removing the Addon (including addondata folder), deleting the devices from Emby and reinstalling the (beta) Addon solved it for me.

Edited by horstepipe
  • Like 1

Yeah, I stumbled upon the bug as well. 

It eventually went away after a few restarts but couldn't find a reason for it.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/38995-device-name/

Everything seems to work fine otherwise.  So I'm not too worried about it.  Hopefully it will disappear after a few more restarts. 

Had the same problem, completely removing the Addon (including addondata folder), deleting the devices from Emby and reinstalling the (beta) Addon solved it for me.

I just went through the process of doing this.  I deleted all references to the addon on the raspberry pi 2 (including the emby respositories) and all devices listed in Emby on the server.  Unfortunately after reinstalling the addon from the beta repository, I'm still seeing the duplicate devices on the server.  Hopefully it will resolve itself after a few more restarts.

Angelblue05

What I did is turn off Kodi. In the Emby server > devices > deleting the bad reference. I also went into the server directory > data > devices > found the ghost device that kept reappearing and deleted it. You can open device.json as a text file to verify the entry. I deleted the folder that contained the device.json reference there, and restarted the server. Then turned on Kodi to see if the old device re-appeared. It eventually took after repeating those steps a few times.

Edited by Angelblue05

@@DarWun

Any luck?

I thought so.  For most of yesterday the only device listed on the emby dashboard was Kodi 2.2.32.  Unfortunately after I finished watching a movie last night, a Kodi 2.2.19 device showed up again for a few minutes.  I'll run through the steps you posted a few more times to see if I can get it to stick.

Edited by DarWun
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Angelblue05

Gosh.... I created a new test profile and installed 2.2.19 for testing to upgrade to 2.2.39.... and there it reappeared on my dashboard! Grrrr *facepalm* I don't know how to make it go away, it's just so strange. @@Luke Do you have any suggestion?

Edited by Angelblue05

do you have any http requests that are missing app version in the header? it might be restoring it from the version attached to the login token.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

No, the app version is always part of every header by default. We end up with two active devices. The actual device, and this ghost 2.2.19 version. They use the same deviceId, the same token, but they both appear instead of having that 2.2.19 version updated.

@@Luke

I don't understand why this is happening, why is it not updating the 2.2.19 entry? Would providing my device.json be of help?

Edited by Angelblue05

DarWun

Gosh.... I created a new test profile and installed 2.2.19 for testing to upgrade to 2.2.39.... and there it reappeared on my dashboard! Grrrr *facepalm* I don't know how to make it go away, it's just so strange. @@Luke Do you have any suggestion?

I haven't made any progress on making it go away either.  I repeated the steps you posted many times now.  Although the issue appears to be resolved for a period of time, 2.2.19 eventually shows up on the dashboard again as a second device.  Since it doesn't actually seem to affect anything performance wise, I've given up trying to fix the issue for now.