MPAA scrape convetions (abreviations)

djhifi
Go to solution Solved by djhifi,

Hello all and thanks for this AMAZING project. Already donated.

Is there a way to change tag conventions for the scrape of MPAA information of movies?

I ask this because I use EMBY with KODI, and some media addons stopped working because EMBY is scraping MPAA with a different convention.

For example instead of "Rated R" it's only placing the tag "R" in the specified movie. And the same goes on with PG-13 etc etc.

Which renders some media files flags for skin replacement, useless.

Maybe there is some way to change this, maybe there isn't. Just asking to head my way into other direction (recompiling textures all over again with the proper naming convention to be the same as EMBY scrapes)...

Maybe it is using country of origin.

Edited by djhifi

Happy2Play

My question would be what is the skin looking for?  What field is considered wrong/missing in the present metadata.

Should the server evolve around the skin or the skin evolve around the server?

• Like 1

I think the best place for any possible conversion would be to have the Emby for Kodi add-on normalize the Emby data to what Kodi expects.

It's unrealistic to ask the skins to change the way they do things. Likewise, if we offer an option to store "Rated " in front of all ratings, then we're going to have to deal with problem reports that the longer text doesn't look good in Emby UI's, plus other side effects that will inevitably come up.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

You'll have to be very specific regarding this. Please tell me how Kodi expects the rating to be and we probably readjust in the add-on. Currently, the only one we do is no rating because the server returns NR or UR which Kodi has no idea what it is. So it's being converted to Not Rated.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

You'll have to be very specific regarding this. Please tell me how Kodi expects the rating to be and we probably readjust in the add-on. Currently, the only one we do is no rating because the server returns NR or UR which Kodi has no idea what it is. So it's being converted to Not Rated.

Well, we're supposed to normalize that to null but there are probably cases of it slipping through.

• Like 1

• Solution

You can already disregard the original question, the filenaming conventions in the KODI system (not skin, altough the skin is aeon mq7) lookup is to info within the .nfo or .xml which points out to "Rated" in the beggining of each tag. Already sorted this out by working with MOD dev on the KODI forum and recompiling an .xbt with the correct filenaming conventions guys.

I wasn't trying to suggest any kind of evolution in the server towards this. I was asking if there is an option to alter the field within metadata scraping for the MPAA section like there is on the KODI scrapers.

But, as I said, already solved this :)

Regarding the option offering @@Luke mentined, if you check Universal Movie Scraper code, it already does that in the MPAA field.

But anyway, make no mistake. I'm here to stay and I'm aboard this project 100% since I've talked to angelblue05 on the KODI forums and he informed me of watched status not being shared. From there until now...I've been migrating and loving every feature so far.

This has lots of potential.

Yes...migrating...5k movies :P Surely 1 or 2 questions will pop soon...

@@Angelblue05, IMO you don't need to reconvert that setting on the addon. It simply sliped on my initial server setting up, the "country" part. So it was pulling another whole MPAA tagging system. I changed it to USA and still gives me the naming error on KODI but, thanks to that, I've sorted out it was due to the scraping conventions on EMBY, and sorted it out on the other end (mod part).

snippet: TV Shows MPAA is being scraped in a manner KODI reads and combines with.

PS: Is there any option (or has it ever been thought) for metadata cleanup for unlinked (pictures mostly) for users, like me, who stick with a centralized database?

Edited by djhifi
  • Like 1

Well, we're supposed to normalize that to null but there are probably cases of it slipping through.

Not if the item is actually rated NR or UR...

There is a difference between "no rating information available" (which should be null) and "Not Rated" which is a release specifically not rated and typically with the T&A shots restored ;).