Moving from old MB server

rliepins

Hi

I was working on a fix this morning (changing my server level from dev to beta) and needed to edit the servers config.xml file.  I was looking for the server config folder in the following location:

%systemdrive%\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\emby-server\config

I couldn't find it. I was scratching my head but eventually found it here:

%systemdrive%\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\config

I suppose that tells you how old my current rig is.  Anyway, is there any reason to change everything to the new server file directory format or is keeping the old MB to Emby folder format still ok?  If you think removing all old MB threads is worthwhile, how does one go about doing that?

Thanks and kudos to all who have been working to make this project what it is.

I don't think I'm looking to migrate at all.  I have had Emby since MB2.x days and have had it on the same rig.  I am just wondering if it is advisable to move off the old MediaBrowser folder structure and get a fresh copy installed.

Everything works pretty well (except for slow TV guide listings load issues).

Is there a preferred method for doing this?  Would I be uninstalling the whole product and reinstalling it over again?  Is there a write up or SOP anywhere?

Thanks again

If you want to do it, you would want to start pretty clean.  I would just move your metadata folder over to the new system once installed.

You can also use the backup plugin to backup and restore your local users and config and library settings.  The most important part being watched status and favorites.

Happy2Play

Before uninstalling "Remove all traces" ensure you copy of move your metadata folder to a safe location, it contains all your People image/metadata.

Where do you save metadata, with media or locally?  Do you want your watched status?  What would like to transfer over?

There is the Server Configuration Backup plugin that can be used or there is the manual migration method.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and ideas.  The backup plugin will help.  When uninstalling and reinstalling on the same system, will I need to manually remove any folders afterwards, or is there a clean uninstall method/switch?