I can't play any video

Wonderfall

Wonderfall

Hi there, I'm unable to play any video (it seems to load but crash a while after with the error message "There was an error playing the video"), using the Emby app or even Safari on iOS 9 (iPad Air 2), whereas I've no problem on PC or Android. Transcoding should work, so I don't know what's going on... In the logs I managed to get the following message which appears several times before the crash : "No DirectPlay profile found for Path...". It used to work before, now it's quite unpleasant. :(

Something similar happened to me, I would select any video and it never played. In my case the issue was fixed by not using the experiment Quick Sync transcoding.

Wonderfall

Thanks for your answers, although QuickSync is indeed disabled since I'm using the emby docker image.

Today I updated to iOS 10, and it was such a surprise when I figured out Safari can now play videos. So it seems it's more iOS-relative. It didn't work at all when I was on iOS 9, but I really don't know how iOS 10 fixed things. But it works. I'm waiting for the app to support iOS 10 so I will tell you if this is also works - and I hope it will, I paid for this.

EDIT : I'm such an idiot, Emby app is already compatible with iOS 10. And it works as expected. Just had some display bugs, but at least playback is here.

Edited by Wonderfall