Wrong language stream / Error selecting stream in LiveTV

stettler

stettler

Hello,

When using LiveTV, Emby Theater is sometime selecting the wrong language stream (without taking into account the prefered language defined). It doesn't always happen but only sometime. (The default language is not english here but many broadcast have both the main language and english).

Also, when trying to change language stream, the menu is displayed correctly with all the streams. But when selecting a stream there is an error saying that there is no compatible stream. If we go out of the current channel (doing back) and then select play again, the channel will be played correctly with the selected stream (even if it gave an error when selecting it). That always happen.

Hi there, very sorry to hear about this. For the first one, can you discuss a specific example, perhaps showing us the media info from the web app? 

For the second, can you provide the server and ffmpeg logs? Instructions are here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

stettler

Media info? It's a TV live stream. When I click on the "music note" of the OSD, I get the audio menu with, for example :

Eng MP3 Joint Stereo

Fre MP3 Joint Stereo

Fre Dolby Digital 5.1

My default language is french but, in that case, when I selected the channel, I got "Eng MP3 Joint Stereo" stream instead of the french one.

Then, in the menu, if I select one of the other stream (Fre MP3 Joint Stereo or Fre Dolby Digital 5.1  in that case), I get this error:

MessagePlaybackErrorNoCompatibleStream

Then, if I click "back" to go out of the TV channel and click on it again, it play correctly with the audio stream I selected.