Creating a Plug-In on Client Side

Tranquil

Tranquil

Hello Forum.

I'm thinking about to code small plugin in client side to switch the framerate.

Until today, I did not found a solution on my WMC to solve the framerate switching question. (even Media Control does not work properly)

So I started to code a small tool yesterday. My Idea is, to examine the Mediafile using MediaInfo.dll to get the frame rate of the movie which is currently starting or running. Match the framerate in the list and map it to the list of supported frame rates by panel. Should be not that hard.

Now I try to find a way of how to implement this in MB3 as a client side plugin.

Where to find documentation about that? The easiest way for me is to create a .dll which has some entry points which will be called from the client if something happens.

Edited by Tranquil

Redshirt

Hi,

There's not a lot of public information when it comes to creating mediabrowser classic plugins. If your going to create this plugin then it sounds like the events you'll need to hook are the PrePlayback and PlaybackFinished events. That's likely where you'd want to call your custom methods.

It's not perfect :) but you can have a look at my trakt plugin for MBC to see the basics of an MBC plugin and how to attach listeners to those events I mentioned. https://github.com/RedshirtMB/Trakt-Classic

• Like 1

I would be querying the database for the frame rate and not using MediaInfo.dll. MediaInfo.dll will not return info on some of the files we support.

• Like 1

Redshirt

That's a good point Tikuf. Tranquil, if you look at e.Item.CurrentMedia.MediaInfo.VideoFPS in the preplayback events you should find the framerate.

• Like 1

Yeah, you don't want to be directly examining the file or running something as slow as media info on the MBC end.  We already have this information in the object as Red pointed out.

You can use the old MB2 Visual Studio template to create a MBC plug-in.  The one for a straight plug-in can be found here.