Even when MetaData is locked, Images are still being downloaded by Emby

scharbag

scharbag

I have some content that there are no IMDB like sites that will serve metadata (mostly car racing).

Some of these things have files names such as 01 2016.mkv and 02 2016.mkv.  Problem is, Emby seems to think these are movies/shows and populates the folders with metadata accordingly.

One example is that file "1 Practice 1.kmv" shows up as being "How I Play Golf by Bobby Jones No. 11: Practice Shots" which, I now realize, will cost me schwack of time to cleanse off of my system...  Boo:(

I do have the top level and all subsequent folders locked in Metadata Manager.  I am not sure why this is happening and it is really cumbersome to go remove all of the metadata and images that get downloaded (not even sure how to best accomplish this without pulling out hair).

Is there something that I am missing here?  Is there some other way to mark the folder so that Emby just leaves it alone as far as metadata is concerned?  Possibly when you add the folder to the library, allow it to be marked as "leave this folder alone?"

Cheers,

Edited by scharbag

scharbag

57d56bad83628_ScreenShot20160911at83501A

That is what is shown in the Metadata Manager.

Any suggestions on how to quickly deal with the improper metadata given there are about 600 files that were affected?

Cheers,

scharbag

Arg.  Even when I delete all .nfo and .jpg files in the folders, upon the first refresh, the metadata for "1 Practice 1" is changed to "How I Play Golf by Bobby Jones No. 11: Practice Shots" in the Metadata Manager.  Thankfully, it seems to not download the poster...

Is there any way to reset all metadata for a folder structure?

Cheers,

Happy2Play

@@Luke can you lock media if no metadata is present?

Isn't this a situation where this should be a Home Video library content?

Happy2Play

what do you mean if no metadata is present?

The OP example, add a folder say Race Cars with 1 2016.mkv, 2 2016.mkv and lock folder in Metadata Manager.

scharbag

Hmm, I have my folder set as "Unset" type.  I will try changing it to home videos type.

Also, if you set the top level folder to be locked, are all subfolders also locked?

Cheers,

scharbag

Awesome.  So find . -type f -name '*.nfo' -delete is handy!

Seems like that worked as it is not saying things are golf videos.  Thanks for the help!

Cheers,