A bug and a FR in one: FFmpeg Instance running on server restart

Tranquil

Tranquil

Hello Forum.

Today, I installed a new beta and did not notice, that there was a user on my server viewing a movie which needed to be transcoded.

There was no warning about that fact, so I restarted the server and accidentally disconnected the user. It would be nice to get a notification on this, if there is a user currently streaming in that case.

While restarting the Emby instance I noticed, that after installing the new version, it was not possible to start the server anymore. There was just a message requester popping up during Emby Start saying "there was one ore more problems" and emby closed.

I thought it had something to do with the new installed emby server and installed my Backup from sytem_old. But hey, the same error comes back again.

I took another view on the taskmanager where I saw, that there was still an ffmpeg instance running. Force closed this instance and restarted Emby.... works. Installed new update: works.

So conclusion: On server restarting after downloading an update, currently running ffmpeg instances get not closed and will make trouble on next startup.