Emby Theatre unable to connect to selected server

Schar
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi

I thought I'd give Emby theatre another crack, and for the life of me cannot get it to connect to my server. All I get is the "We're unable to connect to the selected server...".

My server is up and running.

I can access and playback via Edge, Chrome and IE all on the same PC that Emby Theatre is on

I've tried via IP address, DNS name and emby connect, but it won't connect (emby connect shows the server in question, but that link doesn't work either).

Emby connect works fine externally and internally otherwise.

The older Emby windows store app (non-theatre) connects fine (again on the same PC). Interesting that doesn't play sound at the moment but I'll post elsewhere for that (nor does Edge as a web client).

My iPad app connects and plays using the emby app perfectly.

Server version: Version 3.1.143.0 beta

Client: Win 10 Anniversary edition

Where can I find client log files? I cannot see much in the server logs (but the constant DLNA error messages make it tricky to see what is going on).

Thanks

Hi, same problem. No way to get the Windows Store app to connect to my server. All other clients work fine, including the Emby Theater desktop app installed on the same client pc.

@@Luke - neither of those options work for me either.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately some routers don't allow loopback, which is going out via external address and coming back in. Maybe your router is one of those. In order to rule that out you can try going through the steps in our Connection Troubleshooter.

Thanks for the quick reply. It isn't something I am concerned about right now (still don't have the library control I need to roll emby out internally completely) - but thought that may be useful to know in your tackling the problem.

Cheers :)

PrincessClevage

I also am observing similar issues. Xbox one connected fine first time I dl and run the app next day cannot connect internally. Surface pro connects fine and also check http:/serverip:8090 from separate laptop and displays fine

Edited by PrincessClevage

ABNParatrooper

I have manually put my IP and port and still cannot connect. ET and server are on the same computer. I even turned the firewall off as part of the troubleshooting process. Web and desktop clients connect without issue. Oddly, the app will connect to my other server on another computer, but not the one situated locally.

I've submitted an update to the store that should resolve the local network issues. Hopefully it will be in your hands in a couple days.

• Like 2

PrincessClevage

I've submitted an update to the store that should resolve the local network issues. Hopefully it will be in your hands in a couple days.

Will you also update the emby download page for windows desktop edition? It still shows as 2.5.19

Will you also update the emby download page for windows desktop edition? It still shows as 2.5.19

That is the latest. The windows desktop version doesn't have this issue, it's limited to UWP.

muppets4

It's being looked into. Workaround for now is to connect with your external address, or use emby connect.

Same problem, but this worked for me.

edit: I don't know if it is related, but this is the one app I can't use to watch live TV. Screen stays black and no sound.

Edited by muppets4

PrincessClevage

Same problem, but this worked for me.

edit: I don't know if it is related, but this is the one app I can't use to watch live TV. Screen stays black and no sound.

Do you is ServerWMC for live tv? If so make sure you open ServerWMC configuration and on the http tab ensure use http instead of smb for live tv check box is enabled

Hi

plus 1 for not able to connect new ET app

d/loaded app from store today on a micro PC with SD card  storage win10 Home 10586

This PC is cable connected and runs the desktop ET ok but was looking to use the app as it seems to be a smaller leaner beast to assist with reducing loading on the Micro PC

I can access server via a browser on the micro fine same as full ET

ET app refuses to connect

The ET app from the store works on 2 x PCs that I used as tests after this one did not

all 3 are win10 both that work are enterprise editions one is Surface Pro2 running win 10-14393 edition wifi connected the other i7 laptop running win 10-10586 cable connected

Server is Synology DS1515+ NAS running Emby Server 3.0.7100 0.1

Should the updated app be available now or do I need to wait?

Edited by waughd

7illusions

The updated app requires Windows 10 Anniversary edition (14393), that's why you don't get the update.