Android chrome add to home screen no longer working

kjp4756

On my android 6.0.1 phone I like to add a shortcut to the emby web ui on my home screen.  I haven't used this feature for a while now but today I had to wipe my phone and re-add the shortcut.  Now the shortcut no longer works.  I get a 404 error.  

According to my server logs I get this:

Error ServiceStackHost: 10.1.1.27:8920 Request not found: /index.html

On my phone I go to https://10.1.1.27:8920/web/home.html  then click 'add to home screen' in the chrome menu.

Either this is a chrome issue or something in emby has changed.  Can someone else test this and see if it works?

Oh, one other thing.  A while ago I seem to remember the emby web ui asking me a one point to add a shortcut to my home screen.  I can't seem to figure out how I had that happen before.

EDIT: Missed one important line in the logs

Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 404 to 10.1.1.101. Time: 1ms. https://my.external.domain:8920/favicon.ico

The 404 response is to the favicon.ico missing.

Edited by kjp4756

I noticed this recently with all URL shortcuts as when you open them they don't open into a full Chrome, but like a kiosk mode.

I gave up and now just use my bookmarks in Chrome.

Edited by CBers

OK I fixed the problem on my end.  According to github there was a change to the manifest.json file on aug 10.  One of the changes was changing "start_url": "index.html", to "start_url": "/index.html",  I changed it back to just index.html and now add to home screen works as it should.

On my ubuntu system it's located at /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/dashboard-ui

I have no idea where it would be in a docker container.