unhandled exception crash

natdino

Happy2Play

Looks like another user with an update level of beta and tested a dev build and got stuck on and old server server build.

Your version 3.1.6034.22791

Current versions

3.1.143-beta

3.1.6096.24202-dev

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

You need to reinstall from the download page since your system is set to beta and your version number is in the Dev range will never be superseded in beta number versioning.

"SystemUpdateLevel":"Beta"

Note this will not affect any of your settings.

soundsnake8

Running version 3.0.7100. After reboot it works for a few minutes the is not accessible. Restarting server always results in the unhandled exception pop up and the only way to stop it is to reboot then the cycle starts again. I did update to 3.0.7200 but no change at all.

unhandled_58d95773-f069-47f5-a991-0a87bdf2f66a.txt

unhandled_145c3d78-6692-4b84-bc87-dcba3a8db221.txt

Happy2Play

Running version 3.0.7100. After reboot it works for a few minutes the is not accessible. Restarting server always results in the unhandled exception pop up and the only way to stop it is to reboot then the cycle starts again. I did update to 3.0.7200 but no change at all.

From another post on the exception you are receiving.

Here is the error:

Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
Every once in a while Windows will take several minutes to release the port bindings after you shutdown Emby Server. You can run into this error if you are frantically restarting Emby Server over and over. Just wait 5 minutes and it usually clears itself up and goes away. Or reboot your computer.
Edited by Happy2Play

soundsnake8

This is not every once in a while this is every 5 minutes. I reboot and it works for a few minutes then the server becomes unresponsive and I can't use EMC. EMC will not load the six flying dots just go back and forth until I shut it down. I try to restart server but I get the unhandled exception. So i reboot and the same thing cycles over and over again.

In that case it sounds like something is taking the port away from Emby Server and then preventing it from restarting. I would check for viruses, malware, or any possible network configuration that might cause this.

soundsnake8

In that case it sounds like something is taking the port away from Emby Server and then preventing it from restarting. I would check for viruses, malware, or any possible network configuration that might cause this.

I just uninstalled Cover Art and Server is up and running and responding normally. i really like Cover Art though. I will follow up on your suggestions luke. I am running Windows 10 64 Anniversary and while I do like it a lot, it is definitely not above suspicion ! I am using the default Virus, malware software "windows defender" not a lot of faith there either.

Thanks for the Response

Soundsnake8

Almost positive that CoverArt is a red herring here.  It does nothing with the resources involved in this issue.

If it happens again, check for stranded ffmpeg processes.

soundsnake8

I uninstalled Cover Art and deleted C:\Users\p****\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\cache\images. It was around 6.5 Gigs, now it is right at 1.18 Gigs. I reinstalled Cover art beta 4.0.17.0 and the server is operating without error and and restarting is no longer a problem. However when I try to use boxset covers ...stack, fan or any other covers listed under Multiple the server loads a few covers and stops. So I change to Gloss either diamond or sapphire and it responds perfectly. So ebr you mentioned stranded ffmpeg processes. Can you offer me a starting point what to look for, anything at all would be appreciated.

Thanks a Billion

Soundsnake8

I uninstalled Cover Art and deleted C:\Users\p****\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\cache\images. It was around 6.5 Gigs, now it is right at 1.18 Gigs. I reinstalled Cover art beta 4.0.17.0 and the server is operating without error and and restarting is no longer a problem. However when I try to use boxset covers ...stack, fan or any other covers listed under Multiple the server loads a few covers and stops. So I change to Gloss either diamond or sapphire and it responds perfectly. So ebr you mentioned stranded ffmpeg processes. Can you offer me a starting point what to look for, anything at all would be appreciated.

Thanks a Billion

Soundsnake8

Well, this sounds like a different issue than before (which was the inability to re-start the server).  The original issue can be caused by stranded ffmpeg processes.

CoverArt or even the server's image delivery does not involve ffmpeg (except when it comes to generating images from video files that don't already have them) so, now, it just sounds like possibly a performance issue.

If you deleted your entire image cache, then everything is going to have to be re-built and, the first time any image is requested by any particular client at any particular display size, could cause a delay.