H.265 Playback in Tizen app

theantioch

theantioch

Is H.265 playback supported in the new Tizen app? Whenever I try and playback any HEVC content I just get a black screen on my TV. I see the status go to transcoding in the server dashboard, but I see no proc utilization in task manager. I see the following in the logs after each time I attempt to play any HEVC content:

One or more errors occurred.
    System.AggregateException
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1d.MoveNext()
    InnerException: System.Net.WebException
    The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
     at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
     at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

Is H.265 content supported?

theantioch

Any idea why transcoding isn't working then? Transcoding is acceptable for me, but that doesn't seem to be working.

I saw the problem post guidelines, here is a rundown of my setup:

Issue description: All H.265 Media fails to playback via transcode on the Tizen app. When I attempt to play any HEVC media, I get a black screen on my TV. The app will intermittently crash, or stay on the screen until I force close the app.

Steps to reproduce: Playback any HEVC media. I was unable to find any in my collection that were unable to reproduce the problem.

My TV/HTS/BD Player model number: UN55JU7100

My firmware version: 1461

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: I only have 1 Tizen device. My Roku, Web browsers, and my Android phone all have no issues with H.265 Playback.

My Emby server version: 3.0.6400.0

My current Emby Samsung client version: 1.0.11

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: I don't have any others available to test.

Supporting information to include logs and pictures where applicable: See first post.
Edited by theantioch

There are some known issues with the current release. We are working on pushing an update through the store. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
theantioch

There are some known issues with the current release. We are working on pushing an update through the store. Thanks.

1.0.15 Looks like it fixed the issues! Thanks!

• Like 1