audio video sync issues on Android mobile client

ddywz

Hello all and thanks for the wonderful software,  I installed Emby on a new physical server running Ubuntu xenial 16.04.1 and all seems fine. When I play content from the web portal on server direct I see no sync issues between audio and video. I tested with various transcoding parameters and running content from Firefox web browser all is working fine.  On the other side my android client playing on a galaxy note 4 while on Wi-Fi and same network with the server, has audio video sync issues, no matter what content I play. Was wandering if anyone has noticed this.  My server version is 3.0.6400.0 and client is the latest from google play store.2.7.55. 

Is there a fix for this? 

Thanks,

Hi Luke, thanks for getting back. I tried today on my android phone and the sync issue is no longer there. Not sure what is going on. The only thing that I can think of is that I restarted emby server due to a plugin install but I think this should not be the reason why now audio-video are in sync. Any thoughts?  I tested today by playing a 1080p content in web portal pointing to Emby server and I see the option for "direct" and it was checked.  In android mobile when I play same 1080p content and visit quality options the highest I see on top is 1080p-60Mbps which in a way is direct but I see no option for "direct" to select as I see in web interface.  So there's no way I can tell for sure that it is transcoding or not.  but regardless of this I tried various quality options in Android and while I can see that the video starts to lose quality the lower I go in the selection table the audio-video sync is holding ok. So transcoding is working fine and not affecting the sync between audio-video of the content played.

Lineikosen

I'm having this issue as well. A device restart seems to solve the problem for a while but it returns after an hour or 2. any help would be great, I suppose if it continues I will try a factory reset.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not seen the issue anymore. Make sure the android app is at latest version 2.7.89  and server is at latest version 3.0.7300.0. Not sure if it may be device specific, I use my Samsung galaxy note 4 as android client and things look good now.

• 9 months later...
austie

I've been starting to notice similar audio/video out of sync issues but only with the odd file here and there (seems to be more the blu-ray rips) for TV & movies.

My most recent one I've come across at first the original version I had I had audio but no video, but would work fine on PC, replaced the file and now I've got video & audio but audio is out of sync by about 10 seconds.

I use a Minix Neo X8-H Plus which has been flashed to have Android 5.1 installed.

Previously when I used Kodi (which I seriously hated how it managed my files) I never had this issue.

Now with Emby Sever on a Qnap TS-569L

Network hard wired with the help of power line adapters and switches where required for my devices I have a 1gb network running.

On the Minix box it is just running Emby for Android and is the only application running when trying to view the shows

The Minix is connected via HDMI cable to my Pioneer SC-LX73 amp and Cat6 to my Netgear Nighthawke S8000 switch which then connects to the power line adapter and from the power line adapter to router then QNAP.

All with Cat6 cables.

Below are the details of media I am having issues with and from 

Video

Codec   MPEG4
Codec tag   XVID
Profile   Advanced Simple Profile
Level5    
Resolution    720x304
Aspect ratio    2.35:1
Anamorphic   No
Interlaced   No
Framerate    23.9760437
Bitrate    1198 kbps
Pixel format    yuv420p
Ref frames    1

Audio
Codec   AC3
Layout   5.1
Channels   6 ch
Bitrate     384 kbps
Sample rate   48000 Hz
Default   No
Title    Dolby Digital 5.1

darkassassin07

+1

I have had the audio/video desync on my server as well, though quite rarely depending on the media: it usually happens while transcoding for dlna to my xbox one.

Returning to the home screen on theater, or re-casting from my phone usually fixes it.