Record on all channels function

Erik
Go to solution Solved by jasonmcroy,

Hi,

I was just setting up my recordings schedule and am unsure of what the "record on all channels function" does...

does it:

A) record the same episode on multiple channels at the same time, therefore multiple instances of the same episode?

B) just look for episodes on any channel and them schedule them for recording when it finds a match (i use only record new episodes) but would this also record multiple instances?

C) i don't understand at all....and maybe someone could educate me as i just want to record certain shows (usually just new ones)

thanks!

• Solution
jasonmcroy

My experience is that "Record on all channels" will do just that - any airing of the show will record whether it's on CBS, TBS, USA, etc. This is useful if you're trying to record a bunch of old episodes of a show. For example, I am currently recording Seinfeld. This show repeats on TBS and WTTA (2 different networks) at different times throughout the day. Emby will record them all but it will skip any episodes that already exist in your library.

If you only want to record "New Airings" of a show just select that option and leave the other 2 unchecked. It will then only record shows with the "New" tag in the EPG.

• Like 1

Thanks! I didn't think about trying to capture all the old episodes. Good to know, might start using that for other shows.

I'll leave it unchecked for all the new episode recording as I have. Thanks again.

• Like 1