Unable to install MBC

gothammoms

gothammoms

I have been using the previous version of Media Browser and when I learned about MB3 I immediately tried to upgrade. I installed the server and that has no issues, so I moved on to the Classic setup. I run setup and it beings up the dialog telling me it is downloading the client, when it finishes it opens WMC but there is nothing further. It doesn't give me the login screen like I assume it should. When I go to look at the logs the text file is empty but the MediaBrowser-Classic folder exists.

I apologize for the lack of information but I can't figure out how else to describe what is happening. I am not getting any errors but MBC isn't installing. I am running Win7 on one machine that I want to use with two xboxes.

Edited by gothammoms

Logos302

Does the web client have any data?  Ie: have you setup your media library? The logs from the server might help as well.   I could be wrong but I don't think MBC will connect with out a media library setup.  As well if you have setup a media library has it finish doing the first scan?  

Edit : have you run the configurator?

Edited by Logos302

Make sure UAC isn't messing you up.  Turn it off temporarily or be sure you are logged in as an admin.

go to %appdata% in an explorer window.  There will be a folder there called MediaBrowser-InstallLogs.  In that folder will be a mbc-install.log and an msi.log.  Post them here.

gothammoms

I have attached the logs that were in the install folder. My media library is set up and the server is running when I try the setup. I'm using an admin account but just to be sure I did the right-click run as admin as well.

Does having the previous MB 2.x folders and files effect Classic?

mbc-install.log

server-install.log

BATTLE DONKEY

Have you uninstalled MB2? You can't have both MB2 and MBClassic installed on the same pc

gothammoms

I already uninstalled MB2 using CCleaner, there seem to be some residual folders for it though. What should I do with them? There is no msi log in that folder either.

CCleaner may have "cleaned" something up it shouldn't have.  I think I remember someone else having a problem with this.  Can you go back to a restore point before you ran that and then try and install MBC?

gothammoms

After restoring, installing the server and running the setup for MBC I still encounter the same thing. When the setup is finished it launched WMC at the familiar media browser screen. No prompts otherwise. Still no msi log in the app data, if that matters.