Sorting the videos

wsramahi

wsramahi

Hello, we are trying to find the sorting descending feature on videos menu, only ascending is working, i tested the emby for android and i found the option is there and working fine, only on amazon app.

please help!

post-24776-0-45560900-1473342939_thumb.png

You are trying to sort by what descending?

Right now, to keep the interface as simple and easy to navigate with a remote control as possible, the app chooses ascending/descending based on the selected sort order.  e.g. For date added, it selects descending but for Name ascending because these are what people will probably want 99% of the time.

wsramahi

Simply while trying to locate a newly added videos withen alot of home videos folder, we could only find it at the end of the list.

Ofcourse we tried the sort by date option and it's working on ascending format.

I'm pretty sure the descending option was there, and it's really a pain to keep scrolling in a folder with thousands of clips.

That option if the default is date descending, then maybe I did miss something?

You're right - it is broken but I don't think it is in the app.  I think something has gone wrong in the api somehow.

Luke - here is the query - but items are being returned in ascending order...

09-09 11:53:53.111 31583-31583/tv.emby.embyatv I/System.out: Adding request to queue: http://192.168.1.143:8096/emby/Users/225ff2d1b6d74accaa7d5e19764e07ea/Items?Fields=PrimaryImageAspectRatio&recursive=false&sortOrder=Descending&Limit=150&SortBy=DateLastContentAdded&ParentId=f4415c72cc16920fce19d78d636a3ce7&format=json