Emby Theater over the internet

cindrd

I guess I am missing something in the Emby Server or Emby Theater configuration.  I can launch Emby theater on my Windows machine and login over the internet and I can see my collection using Emby Theater for Windows.  When i select a movie to play, I get the spinning circle and the selected movie doesn't play.   That said, I can launch media browser from a remote location and see my movies and play them with no problems. So since I can access my media over the internet using media browser but can't seem to get Windows Emby Theater client to play movies I think my router setting are correct. 

When I use Emby Theater for Windows on my home network, the movies play perfectly.    Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

I guess I am missing something in the Emby Server or Emby Theater configuration.  I can launch Emby theater on my Windows machine and login over the internet and I can see my collection using Emby Theater for Windows.  When i select a movie to play, I get the spinning circle and the selected movie doesn't play.   That said, I can launch media browser from a remote location and see my movies and play them with no problems. So since I can access my media over the internet using media browser but can't seem to get Windows Emby Theater client to play movies I think my router setting are correct. 

When I use Emby Theater for Windows on my home network, the movies play perfectly.    Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Hi there, welcome! Very sorry to hear about this. Can you please provide any server logs that were modified during the time of your playback attempt?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks!

Thanks! Here is the log...

attachicon.gifEmby log.txt

I notice you are trying to play dvd folder rips. These are not natively supported by UWP and therefore require transcoding, but transcoding of folder rips is something we consider experimental. For best results, you should consider using plain video files, or use an app inside your network that can play for format natively, such as Emby Theater for classic windows desktop:

http://emby.media/emby-theater.html

I notice you are trying to play dvd folder rips. These are not natively supported by UWP and therefore require transcoding, but transcoding of folder rips is something we consider experimental. For best results, you should consider using plain video files, or use an app inside your network that can play for format natively, such as Emby Theater for classic windows desktop:

http://emby.media/emby-theater.html

So if I transcode the the folders to MKV format first...its should work?