Creating a Library of zips

egandt

I have a directory with Audiobooks zipped (about 50) right now, I want people to be able to access the files and download them.

I select Unsorted and check zip as media then wait, nothing is ever added and the metadata manager (shows no files) after the scan finishes. 

All I want is for it to show the list so that they can be grabbed, but I can not work out why this method fails, sure they have no unique image that is fine, but I should have them still displayed.

Basically I want a directory which shows the files present, without regard to extension, but as long as it reads zip files then I'm ok with it, this use to work, then stopped in a release, and no matter how I try to add the folder back it is never properly displayed in the UI.

Thanks,

ERIC

Happy2Play

Have you verified the option is enabled since it moved?

Go to Dashboard-Library and click the library containing your zip files.

57d09fdf5c594_detect.jpg

Thanks, yes I have that selected for the library, still does not pick up any of the files present in with the .zip extension, as I expected. 

I noticed once selected it can not be unselected and disappears from the library as an option.

ERIC

Sorry could not add photos to the last one easily:

1. The current Library settings (notice that zip as media is missing).

There are no sub-directories under these folders just zips

2. An example of how I created the Library, unsorted type and media as zip selected.  This I what is not working no files are displayed when I look at the library in Metadata manager or online.

3. What is present when I browse the Library (nothing).

I have forced a scan twice and let it finish, so it is not just that it was not yet scanned.

Thanks,

ERIC

post-141069-0-31825100-1473293087_thumb.png

post-141069-0-68963800-1473293371_thumb.png

post-141069-0-84221000-1473293453_thumb.png

Edited by egandt

I think something might have affected this recently when I moved the setting from global to per library. I am actually going to remove this feature for now because I think it might be setting the wrong expectations. We don't actually support zips in Emby apps, it's only purpose was to allow playback from within Emby for Kodi. In Emby apps, the most you could ever do was just browse and that's it. I'm not sure it's worth spending time trying to restore that. 

We do support plain audio files though.

Is there a simple way to simple display the files in a folder for download, I could setup a second app, but that is difficult for people (don't ask me why) hence why I wanted to use this method.

Thanks,

ERIC

If what we used to have were working, then yes, but I'm afraid the audience for this is very small, and I can't say when we might be able to allocate time for it.

• 1 year later...
rorymac03

Hi,

Sorry to re-hash the old thread, but I just came across it.  I have many videos in my library that are .zip format, and none of them are showing.  It would be great if this feature could be restored.

Hi, I don't know if restore is the right word. All we had before was showing them in the library, but you couldn't actually play them.

• Like 1

rorymac03

That's a fair point.

The main thing I'd be looking to do is have them added to my library in Kodi. I believe Kodi can play them - that's why I was making the request.