Possible free support for 3D files and HD passthrough?

eblue

http://shark007.net/

I've been using this guy's codec packs for several years and have never had any issues with them. With his latest release he is announcing support for 3D playback, ISOs and HD bitstreaming. I would love to have something that will get me away from needing to use PowerDVD solely to playback 3D files.

Is support for these codecs something that can be considered for incorporation into Emby Theater?

-e.B

I don't know that we will ever bundle them. It's quite a bit of work for LAV filters as it is. I think most likely we will continue with whatever is most popular and right now that is LAV.

That being said, what could be possible at some point is allowing the video player to defer to the operating system, which could in theory work with your installed software.

Guest asrequested

I see that LAV is increasing its support for 3D. I can't see it right now, but if I remember correctly, I read several commits for improvement in that area.

puithove

With the current versions of LAV and madVR that ET is using, it should already be possible to playback frame-packed 3D (MVC) from an MKV container.