Disable Logo Images?

osak00006

osak00006

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for all the help, so far. Loving Emby!

I customized my scraper settings, before scanning my library, to disable all images except for Primary and Thumb. My goal is simply to have the Poster image and the fanart background image. For some reason, even with these settings, Emby scrapes in the Logo for some movies/shows. 

What's the easiest way for me to remove the Logo from my library, so it doesn't show up in Kodi anymore?

Thanks!

Happy2Play

Since they are all named logo.png, why not just do a search at the top level folder.

osak00006

Since they are all named logo.png, why not just do a search at the top level folder.

In Windows? Not not currently saving metadata to folders, as it was incorrectly saving weird images for random movies... is there a way to do that search in the cache folder or something, that would have permanent impact?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Emby does honor the settings but those settings will not remove existing images that may have already been downloaded.

Happy2Play

You need to do the search in \Emby-Server\metadata\library.

Or if you customized metadata location, then where ever you relocated it to.

Edited by Happy2Play

osak00006

Emby does honor the settings but those settings will not remove existing images that may have already been downloaded.

This was user error. I didn't realize I had logo.png files in my local media folders. Deleted the logo.png files, deleted my database, and I'm currently rescanning everything back in. 

That said, I still have my /emby/data/collections folder. Is it possible to import these collections -- so I don't have to recreate all my custom ones and assign the posters over again?

Did I mention I'm loving Emby?!

Hi, thanks for reporting back. It should pick up those collections with the library scan. For future reference, you could have just deleted the images and run a scan.

osak00006

Hi, thanks for reporting back. It should pick up those collections with the library scan. For future reference, you could have just deleted the images and run a scan.

1. Delete local media folder images

2. Delete cached Kodi media images

3. Refresh artwork for all applicable sources

4. ???

Do I do a full DB reset via Emby for Kodi? Or just cache all images, choosing yes to remove old?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

You can just do what I suggested and then wait for the kodi addon sync process to react to the changes. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

osak00006

Once I delete the images, locally... running Scan Media Library would remove metadata images that no longer exist in the media folders from Emby... and Emby for Kodi would tell Kodi to delete the logo.png that no longer exists in Emby??

I'm double checking, because that sounds like something that would fall outside of scan/clean library functions... 

Thanks again

Edited by osak00006

osak00006

@@Angelblue05

Rephrasing my question for clarity... 

If I disable one of the image types, within NFO settings... 

images-->thumb (changed from enabled to disabled)

Do I need to do anything to my Kodi or Emby setups to make sure they all reflect that change and remove the thumb images?

Edited by osak00006

Angelblue05

Hmmm good question. I don't believe we delete artwork. We add or replace it when we receive an update for the content. The only time we delete artwork is when the content is being deleted.

So once you have your artwork setup in Emby, just reset your kodi database by launching the emby addon > reset local database > yes/yes/no

Edit: I'm sure we'll eventually rework this so you don't have to do a reset. However this situation arises very rarely. People usually want all the artwork to display in Kodi :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

@@Angelblue05

Rephrasing my question for clarity... 

If I disable one of the image types, within NFO settings... 

images-->thumb (changed from enabled to disabled)

Do I need to do anything to my Kodi or Emby setups to make sure they all reflect that change and remove the thumb images?

You would also need to delete any of that artwork that already existed.  Changing the configuration to not download it won't remove ones that already exist.

• Like 1