Custom Collections Reverting Back to TheMovieDB Defaults

osak00006

osak00006

Hi Guys,

Loving Emby and almost have it exactly how I want it. Unfortunately, I'm running into an issue where my custom movie Collections keep reverting back to TheMovieDB default Collections. 

For example, I completely remove the default Captain American Collection and Iron Man Collection. Then I create a new Marvel Cinematic Universe Collection containing all the movies from Marvel, including Captain American and Iron Man films.

This works temporarily.

Then, after a few hours, the Captain American Collection and Iron Man Collection respawn and the Captain America and Iron Man movies disappear from my Marvel Cinematic Universe Collection, reappearing in their respective Collections. 

How can I fix this? Emby Server logs over the last 12 hours are attached. If you need any other logs or troubleshooting steps, let me know. 

Thanks!

server-logs.zip

Edited by osak00006
  • Like 1

osak00006

My ideal scenario would be use AutoBoxSets, but have it respect manual customizations... 

If that's not possible...

Best option for me, with my customizations, would be... Use AutoBoxSets to do the initial scan -- the heavy lifting -- and then disable it and manually manage from that point forward?

Edited by osak00006

osak00006

Yes that's correct.

An option to respect manual changes to Collections -- via AutoBoxSets -- would be amazing! Who should I talk to about that request? Is the add-on done by the Emby Team or community?

osak00006

Can't you just lock the item from changes using the manager?

That's an option? Could you explain? Sounds perfect!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

osak00006

Found it. Testing now. I'll report back after I test with AutoBoxSets re-installed. The more I learn about Emby, the more impressed I am. 

Locking won't help here because the situation is boxset created -> user deleted -> comes back. Once it's deleted by user there is nothing to lock.

osak00006

Locking won't help here because the situation is boxset created -> user deleted -> comes back. Once it's deleted by user there is nothing to lock.

Confirmed. Locking doesn't prevent the problem from coming back

FrostByte

Ok, maybe he can let the plugin create it's boxset then modify that one and lock it.  No need to delete the original

He could rename the automatic one to whatever he likes

Edit: though I guess that wouldn't stop the other one from being created.  My bad

Edited by FrostByte

Happy2Play

I believe the only way this will work in this situation is removing the CollectionId and locking the movie metadata, then creating this custom collection.  The boxset plugin won't touch the movies anymore do to the missing collectionid.

FrostByte

How about an .ignore file?  Do those work with collections also?  Let the autobox creates it's collection and then add that file.

Happy2Play

How about an .ignore file?  Do those work with collections also?  Let the autobox creates it's collection and then add that file.

No that would tell emby to ignore the media altogether.

• Like 1

osak00006

I believe the only way this will work in this situation is removing the CollectionId and locking the movie metadata, then creating this custom collection.  The boxset plugin won't touch the movies anymore do to the missing collectionid.

Brutal process, but it does seem to get the job done -- I'll report back if I see any issues. Thanks so much!

FrostByte

No that would tell emby to ignore the media altogether.

Well darn... I'm batting .000  Probably should not try and help anyone any more today :(

osak00006

Well darn... I'm batting .000 Probably should not try and help anyone any more today :(

I still appreciate the response. Helped me learn a few more bits about how Emby functions

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

My ideal scenario would be use AutoBoxSets, but have it respect manual customizations... 

If that's not possible...

Best option for me, with my customizations, would be... Use AutoBoxSets to do the initial scan -- the heavy lifting -- and then disable it and manually manage from that point forward?

That's what I do, yes.