Server - Check previous episode before watching

Madic

Hey,

it would be really nice if the server could check, if we accidentally skip a tv episode, either because it's missing in the library or it hasn't the watched flag. Then pause the playback and give us a warning.

I sometimes forget to include an episode into my library and merely check if the next episode is the correct episode. So when watching, I wonder if I've missed something or can't remember.

• Like 3

MrWebsmith

yea i like the idea/concept behind this.. but im not sure in practice how it would work or if it would be annoying.. some folks intentionally "dont care" if they arent playing the next ep.. (my wife grrrrr) but i am the other way and would love this if i accidentally play out of order for X reason...

this is why most/all the client apps have some form of "next up"... but i guess in rare situations that could still have skips/gaps in it 

This should not occur if you are using the "Next Up" functionality because it already takes this into account.

If i am missing an episode I have found that it just skips it and moves on to the next

What just skips it?  In what context?

Next Up should show the missing episode (unless you have the option to show missing turned off and then it just won't show anything for that series).

b0dyr0ck2006

What just skips it? In what context?

Next Up should show the missing episode (unless you have the option to show missing turned off and then it just won't show anything for that series).

Ah yes, I don't have show missing episodes. That could be why it's happening in my situation, I'll turn that setting on and give it a try then report back. Thanks for reminding me about that.

That still shouldn't happen even with that setting off.

In exactly what context is it "skipping" episodes?  What app?

This is mainly through tvOS

That should never happen in that app.  Can you definitely reproduce and confirm that there was a missing episode that gets skipped?

b0dyr0ck2006

OK, I tested this on the tvOS app and instead of skipping the next missing show, it stops playing next. Although testing the same via Theatre and it skips the missing episode and moves on to the next available

OK, I tested this on the tvOS app and instead of skipping the next missing show, it stops playing next. Although testing the same via Theatre and it skips the missing episode and moves on to the next available

Okay, thanks.  That is the proper behavior in this app.

Theater, I would consider a bug.  Please raise the issue in that forum.  Thanks.

• Like 1