Unable to open Emby App on Firestick

webwhizkid
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

webwhizkid

Hello!

So, I have installed Emby App for Fire Tv on my Firestick ( running latest version - Non rooted ) from Amazon App Store. When i try to open Emby App, it shows a blank screen ( now it's dark, earlier it was white ) and after a while closes. Restarted, reinstalled couple of times and didn't help. Able to launch other apps on my firestick.

Doesn't show anything in Emby Server ( premiere )

update : I have this Firestick plugged into Epson 2045 Projector. Did a factory reset and didn't help. 

But unpaired bluetooth speakers paired to Projector and Emby seems to work. Paired again and Emby doesn't work. 

Any help, appreciated. 

Edited by webwhizkid

That's a new one.  Can you connect to your server from another app or the web client?

Is the network connection configured properly on the stick?  Kinda almost has to be for you to have installed the app, huh...?

webwhizkid

@@ebr : Yes, I can connect to Emby server from Android Phone and Windows 10 Store App without any issue.

Also, Network connection on FireStick is good as I can play using Kodi Upnp client from main server using bluetooth streaming and Youtube app.

Emy only doesnt work when Bluetooth speakers are connected. Will try to connect firestick to a 5Ghz network and check.

update : Connected Firestick to 5Ghz wifi network, still Firestick App doesn't start when streaming audio to Bluetooth speakers

Edited by webwhizkid

Ah, the Bluetooth thing is the difference obviously.

Can you please re-create the problem and then come here and tell me exactly when you did that (I want to see if we get an error report)?  Thanks.

webwhizkid

Had my bluetooth spreakers paired and started EMBY on firestick

3.32 PM EST--- app didn't open
4.17 PM EST ---  app didn't open

4.22 PM EST--- unpaired bluetooth speakers and emby app WORKED

Okay, thanks.  I did not get any crash reports from the app unfortunately (assuming those are actually EDT...).

I'll have to see if I can replicate the issue myself - may need to pickup some BT speakers :).

webwhizkid

I was able to replicate this using another bluetooth speaker in addition to bluetooth receiver.

Another find -- 

Unpaired Bluetooth Speaker

Opened Emby App on Firestick after the last cache is cleared.

Was able to open Emby

Immediately Paired Bluetooth speaker and went back to Emby

and Emby worked and volume through bluetooth speaker worked

Closed and after a while Emby doesn't open with speaker paired.

Okay, I got a BT speaker (Jam Thrill) but I cannot reproduce this problem.  Paired or unpaired, connected or not, I can't make the app crash.

Now, the only device I've been able to test with is a 1st Gen Fire because my stick refuses to pair properly with this speaker.  The pairing process appears quite spotty in general as it took several attempts to get successfully hooked up on the Fire and, while I successfully paired on the NP, it didn't actually produce any sound out of the speaker.

I will keep trying to pair with the stick in case something is different there somehow but the code is pretty much identical on the stick vs. normal Fire so I'm not sure where to look.

webwhizkid

Sorry, didn't realize a response was posted. Thank you for checking. Greatly appreciated. 

This is happening with firestick for me. Don't have a fire tv device. Let me know if your able to pair it with firestick.

I didn't have any problem being able to pair bluetooth speakers or receiver with firestick. 

Had my speaker in pairing mode and discovered and paired quickly with firestick and was abe to use youtube, kodi, amazon video and audio output through bluetooth.

But if i select Emby, all i see is dark screen until i unpair with bluetooth speaker and emby works.

Edited by webwhizkid

• 4 weeks later...

I get exactly the same problem with my Bowers and Wilkins T7 Bluetooth speakers. I know it CAN work because on occasions it has, but I can't figure out how to get to work all the time.