480p content artifacts with MadVR

Harblar

Harblar

Hey all. Not sure exactly when this started, but just noticed it within the last two days. All of my 480P content now shows up with weird sparkly artifacts when using MadVR.

57cef564aa0a7_Artifacts.png

When I switch to EVR+ everything goes back to normal. I'm running version 2.5.17 of Emby Theater.

Is there something I need to tweak in MadVR or is this just a temporary bug?

1080P works fine on both.

Harblar

Maybe try updating your video drivers? 

running latest nvidia driver and just updated to win 10 anniversary. was doing it before and after the update of both

Are they all the same codec?

All are DVD ripped MKV's...  So I'm guessing, Mpeg-2?

my guess is it is an issue with a recent madvr update and/or something with the way it is trying to scale and process 480P video.

Guest asrequested

I was watching some of my DVD rips yesterday, and I have MadVR enabled. I had no issues, but I converted mine to h264, with the least compression. I've read other threads where others had issues with MPEG2 in an MKV container. I'm wondering if there's and issue with the splitter with that configuration. As a test, try converting just one file, and see how it plays.

Edited by Doofus

Harblar

All my DVD rips are zero compression non-converted. 

In any case, I switched back to MadVR today... still had the sparkly bits. I restarted Emby Theater, which must have updated (can't find a version number anywhere now) and everything is working normal again. not sure where the problem was, but it's gone now.  :-)

Guest asrequested

You know what happens with me sometimes. I have an AVR, so the TV is plugged into that. So in the MadVR settings it shows what the screen device is. Well, sometimes when ET updates (maybe an electron issue), it'll read it as a different device, and retain what the settings I made for it. So to be clear, it'll either read it as Samsung TV, or the 'device connected to SC-95. There's no way to know it's done this, other than to look in the settings. I was alerted to it, because my picture quality would suddenly change. I've since set both of them the same way. So if switches, the picture quality remains the same

For me until about 2 weeks ago I had used Madvr and have not touched the settings in months. Now whenever I playback love tv recordings (h264) I get a lot of dropped frames and lag, but neither with any of my BD MKVs or other media. If I switch to EVR it runs completely fine however...

I had done a few video driver updates and have gone back to previous versions of the driver, but Madvr seems to be unhappy with something.