Minimum requirements to stream from emby

JERRY1

Streaming video/audio be stuttering at times, her hard drive is near capacity, i don't know

the specs on it will have to check. Connected with a cat5 over 100 ft. Someone told me maybe

it cannot process the stream fast enough, what you guys think

Deathsquirrel

It REALLY depends on your media formats and client devices as those determine the transcoding necessary to render the video and sound.  If no transcoding is required it's essentially the same requirements as copying a file over a network at a set rate, which is usually pretty limited.

Is it windows?

Hold the windows key and press R at the same time. Type resmon in the box and hit enter. Go to the overview tab. Now recreate the stuttering. The resource monitor will show it max out 100% on something. It may not be network, it might be cpu/max-frequency. It might be disk access speed, who knows. The overview tab will tell you which it is. At that point you can fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Theodore

99 percent of my contents are mkv. Using a hp windows 7 pc . Will try your advice speechles next time i go down there

Make sure you have the right codecs installed on the client/viewing machines. Windows doesn't always play well with MKV formats so you may be forcing a transcode which is going to consume resources. If you are streaming to non-windows clients (i.e. Roku or Chromecase), they are definitely transcoding. If you already have the codecs installed on the client machines, speechles' advice about running resource monitor on the host is spot on.

If you are streaming to non-windows clients (i.e. Roku or Chromecase), they are definitely transcoding.

That is not necessarily true.  MKV is just a container.  It is what is inside the MKV that really matters (what type of video and audio) and most of the Emby apps can play the more popular video/audio codecs without transcoding.  Sometimes it may need to remux (which just means put it in a different container) or only transcode audio or video.  It all depends on many factors but Emby will usually pick the most efficient way possible to play your items on the device in question.