Playback, unable to skip forward.

maksimred

maksimred

Hi, 

I have updated to the latest emby server and even bought the playback addon from the app store for ios, and same thing is present in any modern browser. I can't skip ahead while watching a movie. 

Movie starts playing, and its great, but I can't skip anywhere in the movie. I see the seek bar, and I try to skip ahead, and not happening. Anyone having any issues like this? 

maksimred

thx for the fast reply luke, see attached logs. 

Until I select the 3 dots in the menu before pressing the green playback button, and select refresh >Refresh Mode > Replace all metadata, is then the video works fine and scrubs fine, I can skip forward and etc. 

hate to refresh every video I watch. 

Edited by maksimred

Ok, I think this is just an issue with the upgrade process, since it had been a while. You may need to do this for more titles in your library. What I would suggest doing is following the same procedure to refresh, but doing it from a top level folder in the metadata manager so that it will refresh everything. If you don't mind starting with a new library database, I can also give you instructions on how to do that. Thanks.

I still have the same issue since over a month ago.  Please give me the instructions how to refresh/rebuilt the new library database from the Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1, thanks.

Edited by tstk2013

I still have the same issue since over a month ago.  Please give me the instructions how to refresh/rebuilt the new library database from the Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1, thanks.

To do this, locate the server's program data path, then in the /data subfolder, delete the library.db file.