Show Missing Episodes Setting?

Theodore

Theodore

I remember seeing it somewhere, but for the life of me cannot find it anymore. Where is the Show Missing Episodes setting? It is currently on and I would rather have it off as there are some series that I am just simply not interested in collecting in their entirety - or Emby is showing a missing part of a 2-part episode when what ripped from the DVD is a combined single episode.

Happy2Play

The setting is in User preferences (User icon)-Display.

As for the two part episodes just fix the naming convention, S01E01-E02.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Theodore

The setting is in User preferences (User icon)-Display.

As for the two part episodes just fix the naming convention, S01E01-E02.

Thank you!

Theodore

Reviving this as I just confirmed that this setting is off, yet when I view an actor that is in an episode I don't have in a series that I do, that missing episode is shown in their profile. Perhaps this is a bug...

Happy2Play

Reviving this as I just confirmed that this setting is off, yet when I view an actor that is in an episode I don't have in a series that I do, that missing episode is shown in their profile. Perhaps this is a bug...

Can you provide a specific example (screenshot)?  What server version?

OT:  All my actors are only showing either Movies or Series they are in not both, unlike previous server versions.  I am not seeing any episodes either.

Edited by Happy2Play

Theodore

Can you provide a specific example (screenshot)?  What server version?

OT:  All my actors are only showing either Movies or Series they are in not both, unlike previous server versions.  I am not seeing any episodes either.

THIS is from Star Trek: Voyager - Season 5. Episode 15 originally aired as a 2-parter (S05E15 and S05E16) but the DVD has Dark Frontier as a single episode. In my collection the title and metadata xml are both S05E15-E16 - Dark Frontier.

Clicking through this episode through guest star Susanna Thompson, S05E16 - Dark Frontier (2) is displayed with a blank image like THIS.

Server version is 3.0.6400.0 running as a service on Server 2008R2.

FrostByte

I've got the same going on here, or real similar.  I did have the episode below in my library at one time, but it's been deleted a long time ago.  So I sort of figured it is still there from then.  Or, it could be as you said since I have some episodes from the series in my library it is showing that episode under the actor still

57d48c38701b0_Actor1.jpg

Happy2Play

Well the metadata isn't showing that episode as a double episode.  So how is the episode named?  Star Trek: Voyager - S05E15-E16 - Dark Frontier.ext

A draw back of the way Emby pulls metadata and labeling, but a user can edit to proper title.  The issue you have is your metadata doesn't have and end episode listed I bet do to your naming scheme.

<episode>15</episode>
  <episodenumberend>16</episodenumberend>

Example double episode named S05E15-E16.ext

57d48f8a1d2dc_double.jpg

As for actors either I have bug, since I don't see episodes or combination Movies and Series for actors or your library.db is holding old information compared to mine that is new.

Theodore

Well the metadata isn't showing that episode as a double episode.  So how is the episode named?  Star Trek: Voyager - S05E15-E16 - Dark Frontier.ext

A draw back of the way Emby pulls metadata and labeling, but a user can edit to proper title.  The issue you have is your metadata doesn't have and end episode listed I bet do to your naming scheme.

<episode>15</episode>
  <episodenumberend>16</episodenumberend>

Example double episode named S05E15-E16.ext

As for actors either I have bug, since I don't see episodes or combination Movies and Series for actors or your library.db is holding old information compared to mine that is new.

My naming convention is like "S05E15-E16 - Dark Frontier.mp4" and the second part, 16, has never been in my library. It was ripped from disk to MP4 as one part, imported to the library as one part, and scraped as one part. Now that I know about <EpisodeNumberEnd> that fixes the issue for displaying part 2 of an episode that is ripped as 1 large one. This field should definitely be in the Edit Metadata menu. Thanks!

For the part about missing episodes on actors, HERE is an example. 2 episodes of Robot Chicken are showing on the profile (I think because I have a couple of episodes of that show), but I have NEVER had those episodes so if it is cached library.db information, it wasn't from my library. I have also run the Clean DB task several times and these always come back.

Happy2Play

My naming convention is like "S05E15-E16 - Dark Frontier.mp4" and the second part, 16, has never been in my library.

If that is the physical name the do a refresh on that episode and it should list it.  I run into the same issue since I use MCM and it doesn't write ending episode node.

Edited by Happy2Play