MBT Touch Interface

ryvanzandt

ryvanzandt

I was playing with the idea of using my tablets to control MBT via touch on the main HTPC. Setup entry points to Netflix and Amazon via the program launcher.

I know its setup for remote use, but within my collection and then my main movie layout seems to work very well with touch but everything else only scrolls when clicking the edge tiles, movies, tv series, etc.. Even my seperate new release movies only scrolls when getting to the edge. Weird that one movie layout acts different then another. Probably not explaining this clearly as its early and i havent had 20 oz. of coffee yet.

Anyway, is there a way to set up for touch use?

Thanks

Ry

I guess it's possibly better / simpler having a separate app (http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/media-browser/ad55a2f0-9897-47bd-8944-bed3aefd5d06) - quicker/easier install and runs on Windows RT (though I don't think that's likely to take off).

I don't think there'd be much work in making MBT work well on tablets. Obviously not the focus at all and don't want to detract anything form being the best client for HTPC / big screen TV setup.

But a few minor tweaks e.g. touch drag to scroll would be a huge improvement.

Being able to control other MBT clients e.g. tablet controlling HTPC TV client would be awesome.

• 2 months later...
SikSlayer

Not right now but we have an 8.1 app designed for touch

But is there a plan to one day add better touch support to MBT? I think I prefer the look and feel of MBT vs the Windows 8 app on my tablet currently, but it's just a pain to use with touch at the moment.

But a few minor tweaks e.g. touch drag to scroll would be a huge improvement.

I fully agree. This is exactly what I am talking about in fact.

Starkadius

I recently discovered this http://www.julien-manici.com/immersive_explorer/. This runs in Windows 7/8/8.1 and is a desktop application designed to use touch.

immersive_explorer_small.jpg

Immersive Explorer is an open source alternative to the default file explorer included in Windows (known as Windows Explorer).

Although it is not a Windows 8 "Metro application", Immersive Explorer is designed around the "Metro" user interface guidelines. It is optimized for tablets and computers with touch-screens, but it also offers a great experience for mouse/keyboard users (with features like scroll-to-zoom, keyboard navigation).

Immersive Explorer is based on Win32/.NET/WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation).

It says its open source and WPF which I believe is what MBT is using, maybe this could be adapted somehow to implement touch to MBT? Thought this might be useful so decided to share this.