Watched status resetting itself?

Gronda
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi,

I've been using Emby for several months now and overall I'm really liking the setup. But I've hit a snag and I'm not sure where to look for answers.

Emby is installed on a Windows PC with all my media on 3 NAS boxes in another room and a few months ago I added a Raspberry Pi3 to my setup as a Kodi box running LibreElec and with the Emby pluigin. It was all running very smoothly for the first month or so and then I started to encounter incremental updates being applied when I tried to use the Raspberry Pi - from what I've seen incremental updates should only update what's changed between emby server and the client but this appeared to be incremental updates for the whole library (film, TV and music).

I removed the music library from syncing and that seemed to solve the problem for a week or two but then the video library started doing the same thing. I've now noticed that several films and TV shows that I've watched, some going back 3+ years and to way before I installed Emby, have had the watched status changed back to unwatched. I can't as yet spot any pattern in this (e.g. seasons 2-4 of Arrow have flipped back to unwatched whilst season 1 remains showing as watched, films spread across two NAS boxes that I've watched are now showing as unwatched again but there is no pattern I can see as to when the film was added to the library or watched).

I've been working through re-setting the watched status on various media and then sometimes the next day or sometimes a few days later there are stacks of incremental updates again and the watched status gets changed back. It's as if the Emby database is resetting to an earlier state albeit it a fictitious one as there are things I know I've watched recently still showing as watched whilst other things I've watched before then are reset to unwatched.

Quite simply. it's driving me batty! Any idea where to start looking in logs etc to try to work out what is resetting / changing what?

• Solution

Do you have the option to sync your watched status to your nfo files selected and maybe something is updating the nfo files and, thus, changing the watched status?

• Like 1