Anybody managed to get SSL Certificate to work?

somy

I read the tutorial here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30792-howto-use-custom-ssl-cert-and-keep-private-key-secure/

But it seems that this is only for Windows. I managed to export cert in PFX format, and configure the path to it in advanced settings. 

After restarting Emby and try to connect to it using HTTPS I got the error: The connection was reset.

Looks like Emby is rejecting the connection... No hint in the log file though.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

horstepipe

I read the tutorial here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30792-howto-use-custom-ssl-cert-and-keep-private-key-secure/

But it seems that this is only for Windows. I managed to export cert in PFX format, and configure the path to it in advanced settings. 

After restarting Emby and try to connect to it using HTTPS I got the error: The connection was reset.

Looks like Emby is rejecting the connection... No hint in the log file though.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

hey

can you export your cert in cert.pem, chain.pem, privkey.pem format, too?

That's the way it works on synology, I convert those files to pfx and it works without problems in Emby

• Like 1

hey

can you export your cert in cert.pem, chain.pem, privkey.pem format, too?

That's the way it works on synology, I convert those files to pfx and it works without problems in Emby

Hi, thanks for your reply! I can convert them to pem format, but Emby seems to require PFX format?

Can you elaborate a bit on the steps? Thank you in advance!

horstepipe

hmm sorry I can only tell you how it worked for me on Synology, If you can also manage to get those three files you can convert them to pfx with:

openssl pkcs12 -inkey privkey.pem -in cert.pem -certfile chain.pem -export -out test.pfx

Regards

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for your reply! I can convert them to pem format, but Emby seems to require PFX format?

Can you elaborate a bit on the steps? Thank you in advance!

Are there other formats that would be easier?

hmm sorry I can only tell you how it worked for me on Synology, If you can also manage to get those three files you can convert them to pfx with:

openssl pkcs12 -inkey privkey.pem -in cert.pem -certfile chain.pem -export -out test.pfx

Regards

Work now, thank you for the command!!

• Like 1

Are there other formats that would be easier?

From StartSSL I got certificates in PEM format, and then I copy paste into QNAP which works fine.

I don't think it is easier though. 

• 3 weeks later...