Blocking Box Set Collections

Mustang Dave

Or.... you could just set a custom rating on the "Collections" item and have parental controls filter it out for her...

@@Happy2Play should be getting paid for all the damage control he does. This man is top notch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mustang Dave

I know I mentioned this yesterday, but do these options/solutions work with emby under WMC?

Happy2Play

In the end ebr's way will probably be the most client tolerant.  Setting a low custom rating on Collections via Metadata manager and user parental control rating.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 7 months later...
gleep52

What it sounds like is you shouldnt be using collections on her profile then. There are two places you have to make sure are unchecked.

Log in as her on the server dashboard, and click her user icon on the top right. Choose display settings.

0f1678f30aa9e77f411238e6fe54bf82.jpg

Then in home screen settings

cbc47adda077358ba6dd7f5a4f4e7c68.jpg

This should remove the problems collections create for small children.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Did this change again?  I'm looking for a way to use collections under my account, but not let collections show up for my kids.  My 2 year old wants to watch Cars 2 (Disney) and he can only find the collection, which says Cars, not Cars 2 - he gets confused why there isn't a play button and he has to click another movie that way too.  This is just an example - both my other kids have asked me to turn the collections off as well since they like to see "all the pretty pictures" per movie.  To them it is more simple to not have collections at all.  

As for myself, I enjoy the consolidation since our library has 500+ movies, vs the kids' which only has close to 100.  However I no longer see any options on my kids' profiles to disable collections - was this never a feature, or was it removed?  Or did it get moved somewhere else?

Happy2Play

That option became a global setting instead of a per user setting. Dashboard-Library-Display

gleep52

Can we switch it back to per user?  Why did it go global and we miss out on more functionality and customization?

• 11 months later...