Subtitles not working while streaming to SmartTV

cyruspy

cyruspy

Hi!, I'm running emby 3.0.5986 on Linux, and when I try to stream a movie from the web client or from the Android app to a Samsung SmartTV, everything works fine until I try to add subtitles.

Every time I chose subtitles, the playback stops/crashes and it starts again, without subtitles...

Any pointers?

Edited by cyruspy

Hi, welcome. the first thing I would try doing is updating to the latest version of Emby Server. Please try that and then let us know how it goes. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

Just tested that, using the Samsung app. The first time I tried, it crashed. The second time, they worked. Although, it takes 10 - 15 seconds.

If it's the Samsung app then I would report it in the Samsung section of the forum because the remote control app that you're casting from won't be able to affect that

Guest asrequested

If it's the Samsung app then I would report it in the Samsung section of the forum because the remote control app that you're casting from won't be able to affect that

That's what I was thinking. And I see that the app is under heavy development, right now.