Kodi Skips to Next Track from Random points in Currently Playing Track

sea3pea0
Go to solution Solved by sea3pea0,

sea3pea0

Kodi is randomly skipping to next track in middle of song. I am running Emby Server Version 3.1.115.0 on a Synology DS412+. I am running Kodi 16.1 with the Titan Beta skin. I am also running the latest version of the Emby Beta addon for Kodi. Here are my Kodi logs and here are the Emby Server logs. Sometimes it will make it through a whole song and sometimes not. doesn't really matter what song, for instance if it skips a song I can go back to the same song and sometimes it will play it all the way through. Any ideas?

marcelveldt

Did you setup the music section to use http/stream instead of direct access?

sea3pea0

I have the "Direct stream music library" switched off since I have Kodi and Emby Server on the same network. I also have "Play from http stream instead of SMB" off. I am using an NFS server on my synology NAS and I have the path substitutions set up accordingly. I have tested this on different devices and I get the same behavior. The strange thing is the behavior isn't really consistent, sometimes it happens other times the tracks actually manage to play out their entire length. By the way @@marcelveldt, you have my compliments on the Titan skin. It is hands down my favorite skin.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@sea3pea0

I see what you did there with your username ;)

If you switch back to the default skin, does this happen? Thing is, Emby has nothing to do with the music playback, it only maintain the metadata/file structure, if music plays then it's nothing on our side we can do to fix this - it is all Kodi, so something else it at play here.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

• Solution
sea3pea0

The problem hasn't been happening lately and I have no idea why because I didn't really change anything except for updating emby server. Today emby's(mono) RAM usage on my syno is a little lower, 70% compared to 85%+ yesterday.

• Like 1