Notifications not displayed while Kodi's notification window showing sync status

sea3pea0
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

sea3pea0

During the initial sync with Kodi and emby I notice that if another notification comes in from another different source it cause the notification displaying kodi sync status to disappear temporarily but does not show the other notification. After the other notification has expired the sync status reappears. Seems like this behavior could be improved upon. I noticed this behavior on both the stable version of the kodi addon and the beta which I'm using now.

xnappo

If by different source you mean another addon, we have no control over that.  Ask the Kodi team for stacked notifications.

• Like 1

sea3pea0

Yes as in different source, I mean other addons and other sources making json calls to Kodi triggering notifications. I tested this with 2 other sources besides the emby addon and in that case when one notification is displayed while another comes in the first one goes away and the second one is displayed. In the case of emby being the first, the emby notification goes away and the other notification is not displayed for it's duration blanking out emby's notification and when that finishes the emby notification comes back. Not a big deal at all, really. Probably the only time this is really significant is during the long initial scan. Every time I got a notification from another source during the initial scan my stomach dropped for a second thinking that kodi lost connection to the emby server only to see the syncs notification to return after a short period of worry. I just thought to mention this in case it was something that could be solved on emby's end since this is the first time I noticed this type of behavior with notifications.

• Solution
Angelblue05

Ok, but your test is not very clear as to what type of notification you used. We are using a background progress dialog which is being constantly updated. Could be the reason this is happening, but there's nothing to be done, this is default Kodi api: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/docs/python-docs/16.x-jarvis/xbmcgui.html#DialogProgressBG

Again, we don't do anything special with notifications. We don't close other notifications, ever.

Edited by Angelblue05

sea3pea0

Thanks for the info. I understand it's not an issue related to the emby addon. Anyway to clarify the test I performed, I issued a notification through json (GUI.ShowNotification) and while that one was displayed I issued a notification with the pushbullet addon. When the pushbullet notification was issued, the previous notification disappeared and the pushbullet notification was displayed. It makes sense that the emby addon is continually updating the notification window since it is an ongoing background process.

• Like 1