External Players

Heuer

I have been having a lot of fun using external players with this app - currently my favourites are SPMC and MXplayer with added codecs. A couple of small irritations though. After selecting 'use external player' in settings, every time I launch a video I am prompted to choose between 'Play' or 'Play with external Player'. Any technical reason for this as it becomes really annoying after a while as I made my choice, why make me choose again? In a similar vein after finishing playback I am presented with a pop-up asking how I want to mark the video (watched, un-watched, in-progress) and must tap on 'I'm done' to clear the screen. Neither of these appear in ET when using external players. Can we get rid of them to make the experience consistent across all platforms?

Edited by Heuer

It will be reviewed in the future yes. In the meantime, the internal player offers just as much fun and enjoyment.

Yes Luke the internal player is pretty damn good with everything I throw at it and I have no complaints. I was checking out the various external options as I am trialling EA on the Shield TV and wanted to understand the options if external players come to EATV.

Paulmafinger

How do you switch between external players. On my Samsung 7 it always takes me into the same external player, now I want to switch?

How do you switch between external players. On my Samsung 7 it always takes me into the same external player, now I want to switch?

6fe1a5d6c504eeef824ecb7d47341a3c.jpg

Open up settings, apps, choose emby for android and click the button I circled above.

Edited by speechles

Paulmafinger

This ghosted and can not be selected. Next to it it says None set as default.

There is also another step for me to get to this stage. When I selected Emby in applications on my Samsung 7 they're is a list of menus, Storage, Data Usage, Permissions, Notifications and Set As default. Selecting set as default brings up Clear Defaults.

Thanks for your help

This ghosted and can not be selected. Next to it it says None set as default.

You would need to do that inside the external player app...