"new" indicator in guide

spencerisadog

spencerisadog

I seemed to recall scrolling through the guide and noting which episodes were flagged as "new" but now I don't seem to see that marking.  Is this something I disabled on accident?

mellomade

Sadly that feature has been removed from the current version - apparently the guide looks 'cleaner' without it.

I miss it though.  It was a nice feature.

Sadly that feature has been removed from the current version - apparently the guide looks 'cleaner' without it.

I miss it though.  It was a nice feature.

It's not that. There is a decent number of users who have their entire guide filled with the New indicator. It is not sufficient just to tell them to fix their data, we have to have a solution.

I'll look at adding an option to display it though.

• Like 1

mellomade

I thought there used to be a smaller icon to indicate new shows - that was not as large as just 'NEW' text.

Something like:

new.png

spencerisadog

I thought there used to be a smaller icon to indicate new shows - that was not as large as just 'NEW' text.

Something like:

new.png

I think to Luke's point is some people don't have a scheduler so all of their content shows up as new and it makes it look wonky.  I'd be thrilled with an option to toggle it on.

I think to Luke's point is some people don't have a scheduler so all of their content shows up as new and it makes it look wonky.  I'd be thrilled with an option to toggle it on.

yea that's basically what it came down to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
jasonmcroy

I just wanted to add a Thank You to Luke and crew for implementing the "New" and "Repeat" indicator to the Web App interface in the pop up when you hover over a show after searching for it. This makes it SO much easier to select the correct show to set up a new series recording since the search will populate every instance of the show you search for. 

I understand why it isn't wanted in the Guide itself and this is a great handling for those of us that would like that indicator. 

Again, just thanks for this.

blade005

Luke,

I notice that we have the option to turn on NEW indication in guide grid again for Emby Theater. Saw it in the Web UI grid, but by next beta update is was gone as an option.

Display results for NEW indicator in grid for Emby Theater and Web UI.

EMBY THEATER

The NEW indicator is being displayed in the grid for both New episodes and Premiere episodes in Emby Theater. If you select the details of an episode that is a Premiere episode, the detail page shows the Premiere indicator.

WEB UI: CHROME BROWSER

The NEW indicator is being displayed in the grid for New episodes, but for a Premiere episode it is displaying ATTRIBUTEPREMIERE in the grid. If you select a Premiere episode and go to the details page, it is displaying the proper Premiere indicator.

Image attached: (Guide Grid in Web UI)  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwAGTnQSBrh-Vjk3WjJfV0NoNU0/view?usp=sharing

Edited by blade005

• 2 weeks later...

I'm one of the guys with the entire grid full of new episodes.  how does Emby decide if the episode is new?  I'm using zap2it xml guide data.  What info in the guide data is it looking for to indicate it is a new episode?

blade005

I'm one of the guys with the entire grid full of new episodes.  how does Emby decide if the episode is new?  I'm using zap2it xml guide data.  What info in the guide data is it looking for to indicate it is a new episode?

rykr.

Posted in your other thread, but in case you read this one first, I had to include the -O <include extra program details> option to get NEW, REPEAT and PREMIERE indicators to display properly in guide.