Server Internet streaming bitrate limit not being honored

davedick

davedick

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please explain how the preferred internet channel quality is supposed to work?

For example, On the server I set the preferred Internet channel quality to 480p (Playback - Streaming)

When I select live tv on the Emby android app & select 720p 2 Mbps, it appears to be streaming at that rate & I'm not connected to my wifi, but using my cell connection.

Since I selected 480p, shouldn't all streaming be limited to 480p?

TIA

Internet channel quality is only for the internet channel plugins that are available in the catalog. Often times those videos will have multiple qualities available so that's why the setting is there to suit your internet connection.

What you probably want to be looking at is the remote app bitrate limit, right on the same screen.

davedick

Thanks for the quick response.  When I look at the streaming menu, the only item I see is the Internet streaming bitrate limit.

Is the remote app bitrate limit on the Windows Server portal or the streaming limit on the android app itself?

Thanks

Internet channel quality is only for the internet channel plugins that are available in the catalog. Often times those videos will have multiple qualities available so that's why the setting is there to suit your internet connection.

What you probably want to be looking at is the remote app bitrate limit, right on the same screen.

Hi, they are right on the same screen. You asked about the bottom setting but it is the top one that you want to be using

57b740e559c61_Untitled.png

• 4 weeks later...
PrincessClevage

Hi, they are right on the same screen. You asked about the bottom setting but it is the top one that you want to be using

57b740e559c61_Untitled.png

I do not see to have this second option:

57d60c6b77c1f_optin.jpg

57d60cbe62f9b_version.jpg

Yes, due to this thread I removed the bottom one because we had two similar settings that were kinda the same but kinda different. Now it's just the one.

What are you trying to do?

PrincessClevage

Thanks like that explains it. I have just been troubleshooting livetv in emby theatre and Xboxone cannot connect using emby theatre and I came across this thread is all. Thanks for the info