Error: 'Playlist cant find a next item to play'

scouseman
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

scouseman

I am running Kodi/Emby on a Win10 machine and I am running Emby server on a Debian 8 machine.

I have another Win 7 machine connected to the server and that is working perfect.

I have double checked all the privileges on the server and they seem fine.

When I run a video from the Win 10 machine I am getting the above error.

Emby is running on ver 2.2.19 on both machines

Anyone any ideas

Cheers

kodi.log

scouseman

Thanks very much for the link to using 'link substitution' I never realized it was necessary as it wasnt on the Windows 7 machine but that solved my problem with playing tv series and movies anyway, thanks

It appears though my music still does not play. I tries enabling and disabling direct music but make not difference, I am still getting the same error.

I have enclosed a new log for just music

Cheers

kodi.log

Edited by scouseman
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I really wish people would read our wiki. I'm going to have to figure out a way to spread the word :)

Music works differently from the video library. With addon paths in the library, we are able to retrieve the path in real-time if it changes. However the same does not work for music because it only accepts direct paths.

So since you added the path substitution in emby, to apply it in Kodi, you will need to do a quick reset by launching the emby add-on > reset local database. Then let your content resync when you start up Kodi again. It should work then. Make sure you set your music settings in the addon setting prior to resetting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scouseman

Thanks for your continued help, at this rate I think I may well just go back to Win 7, so much more straight forward, I had none of these problems.

I have reset the local database but the error is remaining.

hoppel118

Hey, I had the same problem with Debian as the server. If you built your path substitutions with the hostname you need a working dns. Have a look at this thread:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36681-emby-for-kodi-network-credentials-and-ip-path-substitution-needed-under-libreelec-to-play-mp3s/

If you don't know what to do you can build the path substitutions with the ip adress instead of the hostname as an alternative.

Maybe you also need network credentials. All discussed in the linked thread.

Greetings Hoppel

• Like 1

scouseman

Hey, I had the same problem with Debian as the server. If you built your path substitutions with the hostname you need a working dns. Have a look at this thread:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36681-emby-for-kodi-network-credentials-and-ip-path-substitution-needed-under-libreelec-to-play-mp3s/

If you don't know what to do you can build the path substitutions with the ip adress instead of the hostname as an alternative.

Maybe you also need network credentials. All discussed in the linked thread.

Greetings Hoppel

I have tried your suggestions of entering an ip address instead of  the hostname for the music path substitution, I also entered network credential and reset the local database, but it still won't play music. :(

My Windows 7 machine connects to the server perfectly and everything works fine, but the Win 10 machine just will not play music, this seems to indicate to me that there are no issues on  the server side.

Thanks anyway for your help it is much appreciated.  

• Solution
Angelblue05

Can you try one last thing? Go to kodi settings > add-ons > install from zip > navigate to your music content via smb. Does Kodi ask for credentials at any point? Is your music path in Emby the same as reflected in the install from zip dialog?

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

scouseman

It appears my problem was that I didn't include smb on the front of  the path substitution address, I used  \\openmediavault\music (as in the wiki),  instead of smb://openmediavault/music, but now it work.

Thank again for all your time and that of all the developers. 

• Like 2

Angelblue05

Weird - the add-on automatically changes the path to smb:// - And you said you reset the database after doing the path substitution in emby?

Angelblue05

Ok thanks, I will look into it to make sure it's working correctly. The add-on automatically converts \\ inside smb:// so maybe it's isolated to music only because I have no trouble with my movies/tv shows and my paths in emby are formatted like: \\path\to\content

Edited by Angelblue05

scouseman

Yes it is definitely only isolated to music as once they worked I never touched the settings for movies and TV again

When I get a minute today I will revert my setting back to \\ for music and confirm the problem, if there is anything  further you would like me to try please let me know.

It seems to be a windows 10 to debian 8 server issues with music.

• Like 1