Curious bug, not sure how fixable it is, however.

coolspot

coolspot

I use MBC through primarily Xbox 360's.  Watch entire movies without problems.

Occasionally I'll have to start a movie halfway through (like when my wife falls asleep and wants to rewatch).  

Instead of starting the movie from the start and skipping 30 seconds per button press, I find it quicker to go to my computer and through the server's web console remote control the playback to start at the time desired.

Whenever I begin playback using this method, the screen goes dark after about 10 minutes of playback until I hit a button on the remote.  I guess the screen saver is getting activated even though a movie is playing.

Can anyone reproduce this?  I'm curious if a fix is even possible.

Thanks

It is not the MBC screen saver, it is the 360 itself and, no, there is nothing we can do about that.  The XBox doesn't realize anything is going on so it kicks in the SS.

Why don't you just resume the movie from the normal interface...?

coolspot

Because I continued to finish watching the movie.  She dozes off easily and will sometimes miss the middle portion of a movie =)   I don't always catch that's she's dozed off so when the movie ends she says "can you rewind it 20 minutes"

I think my solution will be chapter support which I saw was recently added.  I don't think my theme "Roc" supports that yet so I may have to try out a different theme and see if chapter support is my answer.

You can modify the registry on the windows server that's extending to the xbox360 so that the left and right triggers on the controller go forward and backwards in 5minute (or any length) intervals rather than the default. If you'd like more info on this let me know. It does require a reboot of the server however.

For reference, here's the link for the registry edit http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_entertainment_and_connected_home/f/14/t/29647.aspx but if you need help let me know.

Edited by BC101
  • Like 1

coolspot

Thanks, I loaded the hive and made some changes.  I'll have to figure out what my sweet spot is, but I know I want to skip more than 30 seconds at a time.

Also (this works for media center not sure for Xbox), on the remote, hit a number and then the skip button. This then will skip # * your skip foreward or backward interval. i.e.: If you type the number 8 and then the skip button and the skip interval is set for 1 minute, it will skip 8 minutes!!